Sbutcher On Aquabid

DioAquatics
Beware of this seller on aquabid! They had an ad on aquabid for some apistogramma cacatuoides triple red, I couldn't bid any higher than what it was so I emailed the seller privately and we worked out a deal for 1 male and 1 female.

The positives. They seller easily worked out a deal with me even though it wasn't officially through aquabid, no fuss about it. They were properly packaged too. I got the fish in a timely fashion which was great. Also, the fish arrived very healthy and are still thriving.

The negatives. When the fish arrived I realized they didn't have nearly as much color as the pictures on aquabid which was a bummer because I thought I'd be getting something similar to the pictures. Another buyer on aquabid had the same complaint. They were also pretty young so it wasn't 100% confirmed that they were male and female. I messaged the seller about 2-3 weeks after I received the fish stating that I think they were both males after seeing some bickering between them. The seller reassured me that they were definitely male and female so I believed them. Well it's been 5-6 weeks since I got the fish and they are undoubtedly 2 males. I emailed the seller to let them know of the situation and too see if there was any way to reimburse me for just one of the fish or something.

The sellers only 3 options for me were to #1 get one more "female" from them for $15, #2 get 2 "females" from them for $25, or #3 ship the fish back to them so they can see if it's actually their strain of fish and then I'd get my money back. Neither of those options would work out for me as I don't have room for more fish at the moment so, I proceeded to see if I could get my money back for 1 of the fish. That was declined by the seller and I ended up being called a scammer, stupid and ignorant. They claI'm that I "bought another pair of fish" and tried to get my money back for the ones they sold me. I was also told I should "stick to buying fish from petco and petsmart" and I should "stick to guppies".

I decided to stop messaging the seller after about 20 emails since they were just being very rude and disrespectful and it was obvious I wasn't going to get anything out of it. The seller also threatened to get authorities involved for "internet harassment" if I emailed them one more time. So moral of this all, avoid Sbutcher on aquabid. They are not willing to fix situations they create even after a while of having sold the fish.

Discusluv
KingD said:
Beware of this seller on aquabid! They had an ad on aquabid for some apistogramma cacatuoides triple red, I couldn't bid any higher than what it was so I emailed the seller privately and we worked out a deal for 1 male and 1 female.

The positives. They seller easily worked out a deal with me even though it wasn't officially through aquabid, no fuss about it. They were properly packaged too. I got the fish in a timely fashion which was great. Also, the fish arrived very healthy and are still thriving.

The negatives. When the fish arrived I realized they didn't have nearly as much color as the pictures on aquabid which was a bummer because I thought I'd be getting something similar to the pictures. Another buyer on aquabid had the same complaint. They were also pretty young so it wasn't 100% confirmed that they were male and female. I messaged the seller about 2-3 weeks after I received the fish stating that I think they were both males after seeing some bickering between them. The seller reassured me that they were definitely male and female so I believed them. Well it's been 5-6 weeks since I got the fish and they are undoubtedly 2 males. I emailed the seller to let them know of the situation and too see if there was any way to reimburse me for just one of the fish or something.

The sellers only 3 options for me were to #1 get one more "female" from them for $15, #2 get 2 "females" from them for $25, or #3 ship the fish back to them so they can see if it's actually their strain of fish and then I'd get my money back. Neither of those options would work out for me as I don't have room for more fish at the moment so, I proceeded to see if I could get my money back for 1 of the fish. That was declined by the seller and I ended up being called a scammer, stupid and ignorant. They claI'm that I "bought another pair of fish" and tried to get my money back for the ones they sold me. I was also told I should "stick to buying fish from petco and petsmart" and I should "stick to guppies".

I decided to stop messaging the seller after about 20 emails since they were just being very rude and disrespectful and it was obvious I wasn't going to get anything out of it. The seller also threatened to get authorities involved for "internet harassment" if I emailed them one more time. So moral of this all, avoid Sbutcher on aquabid. They are not willing to fix situations they create even after a while of having sold the fish.
I'm sorry that happened to you, that is pretty messed up. I don't buy on Aqua-bid, but I'm sure that for those that do, this will give them a heads up.

oOBlueOo
Tell them that you already contacted the authorities for false advertising. You should get what you pay for.

JeffK
Thanks for writing this as I've been keeping tabs on this seller's aquabid listings. I hope you were able to leave the appropriate feedback on aquabid.

NavigatorBlack
There is only one side of the story here, and the mods may want to look at this thread,

DioAquatics
Discusluv said:
I'm sorry that happened to you, that is pretty messed up. I don't buy on Aqua-bid, but I'm sure that for those that do, this will give them a heads up.
It's okay. You live and learn right? I've already got some options for a few females for my two males.

oOBlueOo said:
Tell them that you already contacted the authorities for false advertising. You should get what you pay for.
There's no need for that. Although I do want what I paid for, at this point, it's not worth it to me. I'll just have to take this as a win and get 2 pairs soon lol

JeffK said:
Thanks for writing this as I've been keeping tabs on this seller's aquabid listings. I hope you were able to leave the appropriate feedback on aquabid.
Your welcome. I was watching that sellers listings for a while before I jumped the gun. Unfortunately I wasn't able to leave any feedback due to the fact that we did a private sale and not something through aquabid.

NavigatorBlack said:
There is only one side of the story here, and the mods may want to look at this thread,
Yea there is only one side of the story here but this is where we can post reviews on our experiences with sellers and stuff.

Mcasella
NavigatorBlack said:
Even my experience with the seller was very brunt and sharp. They do not have respect for their buyers it is clear, so I would not defend a review against them unless you have had a better experience with this eller, but do so I'm your own review post as opposed to tackling another member's post.

Latest threads

Top Bottom