Saying Hello and Showing off my Fish 10 Gallon Tank

1. Crystal Fish Initiate Member

:;hi1 FishLore,
    I am excited to be apart of this thread because I am just recently re-starting my fish keeping. ;D

So as of now, I have a 10 gallon with guppies, gouramis, 5 danios, and two Otocinclus Catfish.
    But, tomorrow I am so excited because I am getting a 30 gallon!!
    Once my 30 gallon is set up and cycled I am going to put my danios in the 30 (and add a couple more). One of my gouramis will be moving to the 30 as well and maybe some of the guppies (maybe not).

Since I couldn't get very good quality pictures with my old camera, I decided to post the video instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rSXOxhRTiM

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Congrats on getting a bigger tank! Your fish are beautiful. I love your rummynose tetras.

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to fishlore!!!! congrats as well from me ..your fish babies will love it as much as you...great vid!

4. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore! :happy0064: Woo! And congrats on the second tank! :party0011:

Your fish are all very pretty, btw. Thanks for sharing your video!

5. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!
    Maybe you could put more than you listed from your 10 to the new 30, so it's not so overstocked?
    Good luck with the new tank!

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Nice video, thanks for sharing it. Your fish will enjoy a bigger tank. :)

7. Crystal Fish Initiate Member

Thanks everyone, and I agree, I love my fish.
    They actually aren't rummy nose tetras, just ordinary danios.

@ Beth. Sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question, could you rephrase?

Just to reassure you all, I do plan on moving most of the fish over to the 30 gallon and I also clean it more than needed to keep it clean. :)

8. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, my goodness, I'm sorry, I must be really tired. Your danios are beautiful!

9. Crystal Fish Initiate Member

;) I think I can forgive you. Haha

:D

Wow, I just now realized that I said gouramis, instead of Dwarf Gouramis. :-[
    My bad.

10. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

all are still great looking fish...

i merged your back to back posts crystal...it saves up on space and you can use the edit button if no one has responded since your last post :)

11. Crystal Fish Initiate Member

Thanks Shawnie, I didn't even think of it.

I just noticed something wrong with my fish.. Some of them have white on them, kind of fuzzy. I'm worried it is itch or fungus. D:

12. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

I love your video. The Danios crack me up, all you see is zoooooom, zoooooom, as they race by, lol. The guppies and Gourmais are just la la la. :D

It would be a good idea to get those Danios out of there asap. They are so active and can be nippy. Tank is crowded, that may be why you are starting to see disease. You said it looked fuzzy, could be fungul/bacteria infection. What fish have it? Ich looks like grains of salt. Another thing is to rule out water quality. What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte and nitrAte? If those things are good, then I would say mixing active Danios with slower moving fish (that might just be me), and being crowded is the problem. Doing daily partial water changes with Stress Coat would be a good course of action. I hope everything turns out OK. And congratz on the new 30 gallon tank!!!!! :)

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/aquarium-nitrogen-cycle/48446-four-methods-fish-less-cycling.html
    Hello Crystal Fish and Welcome:sign0016: to Fish Lore. Congrats on getting the new tank and thank you for sharing your fish/video! Beautiful!

The above link will help you with your new tank. In post #1 of the link above, scroll down to option #4...Seeding your tank. This will help you to bypass the weeks it may take to cycle your tank. If you have any questions by all means ask! We're here to help.

If you fish are currently not feeling up to par, I suggest getting them well before you make the switch to the larger tank. If indeed your fish do have ICH the entire tank is infected and should be treated. Here is a link below on ICH:
    Ich: An Old Cure for an Old Disease
    If you can post a photo of the sick fish it will help to diagnose it.
    Best wishes!
    Ken:animal0028:

14. Crystal Fish Initiate Member

Well, they are surprisingly good for Danios then, because they do not nip at all.

I'm doing a water change currently so I will get those readings for you AlyeskaGirl.

Thank you for those articles aquarist, I will definitely use that fishless method to cycle my 30 gallon. :)

15. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

The tanks looks great. Thanks for sharing the vids. :;hf