Question Saw Sterbai fry in my tank - do i need to do anything special ?

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I saw a sterbai fry in my 29 gallon tank. I posted a picture of the tank here:
Corydoras Sterbai Breeding Project | 400688 | Corydoras
--
Will it find enough to eat on its own or do i need to do anything special ? I saw one so I assume there are others but as you can see from picture it is impossible for me to count or catch them. I have no clue if they have a chance and if they do if there is ample food for them in that environment.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If they’ve made it this far there‘s a good chance they might make it to adulthood. Whatever you feed the adults just crush some of it very finely & if you can drop it in the heavier planted areas they should find it where other fish can’t

OP
jake37

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks. I'm not seeing them today so i have no clue how many are alive. I feed the fishes a mix during the week from rasphy green gel to hiraki pellets. I also throw in at times omega-one shrimp pellets and bug bites (the ram loves his bug bites). No clue how many i have but i think the one i saw yesterday was marginally larger than a 2 week old angel fry and looked like it had very small fins on the side.

Oh well if i do see them again it will probably be a long time from now. My guess is they are hiding in the süsswasertang with the kuhli.

When I do a water change this weekend i guess i have to be more careful to not vacuum too much gravel.

Anyway thanks for the comment. It would be a huge bonus if they don't require special care.

Coradee said:
If they’ve made it this far there‘s a good chance they might make it to adulthood. Whatever you feed the adults just crush some of it very finely & if you can drop it in the heavier planted areas they should find it where other fish can’t

New Threads