saved myself from a disaster

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Two days ago I unhooked my air wand, because i added a sponge filter to my q tank. I left it in the tank and layed the hose in my dirty water bucket. When I woke up this morning I looked at the tank, and it was down about 4 inches. Immediately I though oh no the tank is leaking. Then I realized I had a bucket full of water. The line had a siphon and was sucking the water out all night. This is why check vales are important, granted I had one on there but It was old.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Two days ago I unhooked my air wand, because i added a sponge filter to my q tank. I left it in the tank and layed the hose in my dirty water bucket. When I woke up this morning I looked at the tank, and it was down about 4 inches. Immediately I though oh no the tank is leaking. Then I realized I had a bucket full of water. The line had a siphon and was sucking the water out all night. This is why check vales are important, granted I had one on there but It was old.
Similar thing happened to me before - totally flooded stuff. My tank lost maybe 5 or 6 gallons of water before I realized what was happening.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was worried because I just remodeled that room with new hard wood floors.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Woo....you did luck out there. Good thing you caught it before it over filled the bucket!

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ya the bucket filled up, and fell on its side, and it all was with in seconds running across the floor. Oh well things happened.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom