Save me

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Send help
My cousins just got here for thanksgiving and they are 5 and 4.
This is day 1: they arrived and are running around everywhere and aren’t controllable. They have chased the dog and raided people’s rooms touching everything which is gross. Luckily they aren’t to interested in fish so they aren’t harassing my fish YET.......

day 2: coming soon
 

AcornTheBetta

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
Send help
My cousins just got here for thanksgiving and they are 5 and 4.
This is day 1: they arrived and are running around everywhere and aren’t controllable. They have chased the dog and raided people’s rooms touching everything which is gross. Luckily they aren’t to interested in fish so they aren’t harassing my fish YET.......

day 2: coming soon
Oh lord. Just tell their parents to tell them to not touch the tanks as they are very expensive.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
AcornTheBetta said:
Oh lord. Just tell their parents to tell them to not touch the tanks as they are very expensive.
That is the SUREST way to make sure that tanks end up on the floor.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
That is the SUREST way to make sure that tanks end up on the floor.
I would close the door and lock it but my houses doors only lock from the inside so I would have to be locked in there as well.......
But that might need to happen
 

Jesterrace

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
I would close the door and lock it but my houses doors only lock from the inside so I would have to be locked in there as well.......
But that might need to happen
I would say do it. I get it as my kids experimented a bit with fish tanks and I have lost a fish from their antics (ie overfeeding) but I have also had the opportunity to educate them to the dos and don'ts. My biggest problem is my 3 year old daughter insists on helping but also insists that she knows best and many things are counterproductive. I have reached the point where she needs to be elsewhere when I do a water change on my reef tank. With kids who haven't be around fish they are worse as they haven't been taught to respect the delicate balance that exists with aquatic life.

AcornTheBetta said:
Oh lord. Just tell their parents to tell them to not touch the tanks as they are very expensive.
Yeah, good luck with that.
 

Kribensis27

Member
I don't have any cousins, but I have freaky little neighbors that used to come over for parties occasionally. One time, they went into my room, which they had been told not to do, ate some of my bloodworms (THAT WERE LITERALLY LABELED FISH FOOD) and complained to their mom that the "candy" they ate didn't taste good. Guess who their mom was mad at. Not them...
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Kribensis27 said:
I don't have any cousins, but I have freaky little neighbors that used to come over for parties occasionally. One time, they went into my room, which they had been told not to do, ate some of my bloodworms (THAT WERE LITERALLY LABELED FISH FOOD) and complained to their mom that the "candy" they ate didn't taste good. Guess who their mom was mad at. Not them...
That’s so dumb. I hate the type of parents that think their kids are the best little things. How do you get blames that their kids went where they weren’t supposed to and ate fish food like what?
 

Mii

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
Send help
My cousins just got here for thanksgiving and they are 5 and 4.
This is day 1: they arrived and are running around everywhere and aren’t controllable. They have chased the dog and raided people’s rooms touching everything which is gross. Luckily they aren’t to interested in fish so they aren’t harassing my fish YET.......

day 2: coming soon
Stick near to your tank whenever they're up. That way you can stop them if they get too rowdy.
 

Cowardlyslimeball

Member
Yeah, if I ate fish food at someone else's house when I was little, I would be spanked and it'd be my fault. They were told not to go in there!
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Mii said:
Stick near to your tank whenever they're up. That way you can stop them if they get too rowdy.
I’m gonna lock myself in my room. It’s the sacrifice that needs to be done
 

Kribensis27

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
That’s so dumb. I hate the type of parents that think their kids are the best little things. How do you get blames that their kids went where they weren’t supposed to and ate fish food like what?
Honestly. That's why we don't invite them over anymore. I mean seriously, you eat the little brown shriveled worm things that smell like sadness and expect candy?
 

Cowardlyslimeball

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
I’m gonna lock myself in my room. It’s the sacrifice that needs to be done
Is there a window you can climb out of after you lock yourself in there? What a good Thanksgiving. The things we do for our fishtanks lol
 

Mii

Member
Kribensis27 said:
Honestly. That's why we don't invite them over anymore. I mean seriously, you eat the little brown shriveled worm things that smell like sadness and expect candy?
Seriously. Can't they SMELL that?
 

Chewbacca773

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
Send help
My cousins just got here for thanksgiving and they are 5 and 4.
This is day 1: they arrived and are running around everywhere and aren’t controllable. They have chased the dog and raided people’s rooms touching everything which is gross. Luckily they aren’t to interested in fish so they aren’t harassing my fish YET.......

day 2: coming soon
Hah mine already drove me to the edge of insanity. They are 5 and 8. One of them put his hands on my tank, tryna “touch the fishies” so I kinda explained how to not accidentally commit mass (fish) murder. I tried to be a good child and let them feed my endlers and one of them started crying because he didn’t get to feed them. So that happened. Then I went and got shrimp and put my bucket on the table to start drip acclimating them. So this child, tryna “see the lobsters” almost committed mass (shrimp) murder by tipping my bucket over.
I still love them but OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE A HANDFUL AND A HALF. Btw this is all the 5 yr old one. I let the 8 ur old one come to the LFS with me and she loves bettas and guppies so that’s cool cuz I’m getting a betta on Sunday and she was exited... So concludes apocalypse journal, entry 1.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Mii said:
Seriously. Can't they SMELL that?
I wouldn’t even need to smell it I might just have a brain or something but even as a little kid I wouldn’t eat something that has the words blood or worm on them. Especially not in other peoples houses
 

Kribensis27

Member
I KNOW RIGHT???? The last word I think of when I smell bloodworms is "appetizing"

AggressiveAquatics said:
I wouldn’t even need to smell it I might just have a brain or something but even as a little kid I wouldn’t eat something that has the words blood or worm on them. Especially not in other peoples houses
Especially the words "blood" and "worm" put together!!! I nearly gagged when I first heard about them.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Chewbacca773 said:
Hah mine already drove me to the edge of insanity. They are 5 and 8. One of them put his hands on my tank, tryna “touch the fishies” so I kinda explained how to not accidentally commit mass (fish) murder. I tried to be a good child and let them feed my endlers and one of them started crying because he didn’t get to feed them. So that happened. Then I went and got shrimp and put my bucket on the table to start drip acclimating them. So this child, tryna “see the lobsters” almost committed mass (shrimp) murder by tipping my bucket over.
I still love them but OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE A HANDFUL AND A HALF. Btw this is all the 5 yr old one. I let the 8 ur old one come to the LFS with me and she loves bettas and guppies so that’s cool cuz I’m getting a betta on Sunday and she was exited... So concludes apocalypse journal, entry 1.
I would have lost it I have no patience for children. One day when I have kids I’m gonna teach them to not be well.... this
 

Chewbacca773

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
I would have lost it I have no patience for children. One day when I have kids I’m gonna teach them to not be well.... this
Sometimes it’s like “why do I do this” and sometimes it’s like “ur cool” it goes back and forth. Honestly I’m just glad they took it well when I explained why we shouldn’t do that.
 

Kribensis27

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
I would have lost it I have no patience for children. One day when I have kids I’m gonna teach them to not be well.... this
I know, I would’ve tried my best, but I wouldn’t be able to hold it in after that. I hope to god my future children will never do this to any of my animals.
 

Chewbacca773

Member
Kribensis27 said:
I KNOW RIGHT???? The last word I think of when I smell bloodworms is "appetizing"
Ya I bought some freeze dried ones yesterday and I don’t wanna touch them.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Chewbacca773 said:
Ya I bought some freeze dried ones yesterday and I don’t wanna touch them.
Lol. You kinda get used to it I was grossed out at first but now I touch them and mealworms,freeze dried grasshopper and it’s normal.
 

Mii

Member
This is one of the many reasons I'm definitely not having kids when I grow up.
 

Cowardlyslimeball

Member
Mii said:
This is one of the many reasons I'm definitely not having kids when I grow up.
I probably will. I'll just raise them like I was. I would've never eaten anything in someone else's house. Especially if it smelled like that!! Kids are a lot to handle. They have to be taught everything they know!
 

Mii

Member
Cowardlyslimeball said:
I probably will. I'll just raise them like I was. I would've never eaten anything in someone else's house. Especially if it smelled like that!! Kids are a lot to handle. They have to be taught everything they know!
And I don't want to do that. Earth is already overpopulated, and I've got better things to do.
 

AcornTheBetta

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
That is the SUREST way to make sure that tanks end up on the floor.
May I ask why?
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
AcornTheBetta said:
May I ask why?
I’m pretty sure it’s because telling a kid not to do something makes them want to do it even more like people tell me not to look at the sun but It makes me want to so bad
 

AcornTheBetta

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
I’m pretty sure it’s because telling a kid not to do something makes them want to do it even more like people tell me not to look at the sun but It makes me want to so bad
I just remebered that even though we are doing Thanksgiving outside, people are still going to walk through the house to the bathroom and therefore walk past my 29g. Uh oh! :nailbiting:
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
AcornTheBetta said:
I just remebered that even though we are doing Thanksgiving outside, people are still going to walk through the house to the bathroom and therefore walk past my 29g. Uh oh! :nailbiting:
If you have more than one bathroom In Your house just lock that one and tell people to use the other
 

AcornTheBetta

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
If you have more than one bathroom In Your house just lock that one and tell people to use the other
I do, but there is a slight problem. The only other bathrooms are on the complete oposite side of the house and would be a bit hard for someone to find Plus, they would have to walk past the tank anyway to get to those as the tank is in the front entry hallway thing of my house.
 

Mii

Member
Mii said:
This is one of the many reasons I'm definitely not having kids when I grow up.
Why are people reacting to this with "sad"? What's sad about me wanting to live my life without being slowed down by annoying babies and toddlers? It's not like having them will make the already overcrowded earth a better place to live. I've got plans for my future that just wont work with kids around. Is there a problem with that?
 

AcornTheBetta

Member
Mii said:
Why are people reacting to this with "sad"? What's sad about me wanting to live my life without being slowed down by annoying babies and toddlers? It's not like having them will make the already overcrowded earth a better place to live. I've got plans for my future that just wont work with kids around. Is there a problem with that?
I think that in their eyes, it is a great experience to have if you want to.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Mii said:
Why are people reacting to this with "sad"? What's sad about me wanting to live my life without being slowed down by annoying babies and toddlers? It's not like having them will make the already overcrowded earth a better place to live. I've got plans for my future that just wont work with kids around. Is there a problem with that?
You live your life man
 

Kribensis27

Member
Mii said:
Why are people reacting to this with "sad"? What's sad about me wanting to live my life without being slowed down by annoying babies and toddlers? It's not like having them will make the already overcrowded earth a better place to live. I've got plans for my future that just wont work with kids around. Is there a problem with that?
Kids aren’t for everybody. You do what you want to do.
 

Mii

Member
AcornTheBetta said:
I think that in their eyes, it is a great experience to have if you want to.
Well, maybe it's partly because I don't like babies in general. Toddlers are ok half the time and drive me nuts the other half. Little kids are just usually annoying. I'm a teenager and I've met lots of teenagers and older kids. Some of them arw great, but a lit of them are unbearable to be around. And it's not like the parents have full control of it. Some good parents have awful children. My parents are great, and I hate 6-11 year old me.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Day 2: so far it’s only 8:30 here but they are awake and running around again. I’ve locked myself in my room but I guess we’re gonna see how that goes. I’ll keep you updated AcornTheBetta you can Cohost this thread and share your experiences throughout the day as well
 
  • Moderator

Lucy

Moderator
Member
Didn't read all the complaint posts, but....
What a great opportunity to take the time to educate the little ones.

Sounds like they are acting like 4 and 5 year olds (gasp!) Usually unruly kids are bored. Engage them, talk to them. Play with them, tire them out.
 

mimo91088

Member
I'm gonna be that old dude now and get up on my soapbox (I'm only 32 I promise!). But it sounds like you've got a golden opportunity to TEACH your little cousins about the tank and the fish that live in it. Share your passion with the next generation of your family. You never know, it might spark something in them and you guys might be best friends trading fishroom tips with each other in 15 years. This hobby doesn't carry on if we don't spread it to the younglings. I'll put my soapbox away now, but think about it!
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
mimo91088 said:
I'm gonna be that old dude now and get up on my soapbox (I'm only 32 I promise!). But it sounds like you've got a golden opportunity to TEACH your little cousins about the tank and the fish that live in it. Share your passion with the next generation of your family. You never know, it might spark something in them and you guys might be best friends trading fishroom tips with each other in 15 years. This hobby doesn't carry on if we don't spread it to the younglings. I'll put my soapbox away now, but think about it!
I thought about that and trust me I tried but mid sentence every time I was interrupted by them asking why I have this in my room or what this is lol. I’ll try again later though.
 

86 ssinit

Member
Ok start a sincere conversation with the parents on how fish tank water has been linked to the spread of COVID. That should get the parents to keep them away . Just joking! (But that’s what I would do ).
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
86 ssinit said:
Ok start a sincere conversation with the parents on how fish tank water has been linked to the spread of COVID. That should get the parents to keep them away . Just joking! (But that’s what I would do ).
Lol that’s a good idea. And it doesn’t help that I’m a little bit of a germophobe and they are coughing a lot and I mean a lot like the deep gross kind of cough also
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
You’ll probably never hear from me again they are banging on my door right now screaming goodbye everyone I’ll miss you
 

Kribensis27

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
You’ll probably never hear from me again they are banging on my door right now screaming goodbye everyone I’ll miss you
His body has been savagely devoured by the children.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Kribensis27 said:
His body has been savagely devoured by the children.
I made it out with a few missing limbs. And since I’m bored he’s some random pics of my flowerhorn making a new hole because I smoothed out the other one
 

Kribensis27

Member
He’s so pretty!
 

Sputnik

Member
Mii said:
Why are people reacting to this with "sad"? What's sad about me wanting to live my life without being slowed down by annoying babies and toddlers? It's not like having them will make the already overcrowded earth a better place to live. I've got plans for my future that just wont work with kids around. Is there a problem with that?
Definitely a personal choice to be respected! People need to make the choices that are right for them. If people want children I think that’s great, but no one should feel pressured by society to do it! I also chose not to have kids- I just don’t have the temperament for it. Good on you for thinking deeply on this important decision!
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
New problem this kid is a brat. I politely asked him to leave my room 5 times because he was swinging a nerf gun around that easily could have broken one of my tanks and kept saying “no I won’t leave you can’t stop me from breaking one of your fish tanks”. I hate this kid with a passion.
 

Kribensis27

Member
Kick that kid out and lock the door. Say the Flowerhorn has teeth and can jump out of the tank and eat him. Do anything that could work. I’m getting seriously angry at this kid I’ve never met.
 
  • Thread Starter

AggressiveAquatics

Member
Kribensis27 said:
Kick that kid out and lock the door. Say the Flowerhorn has teeth and can jump out of the tank and eat him. Do anything that could work. I’m getting seriously angry at this kid I’ve never met.
Oh I pushed him out of the door and locked it. He already wants to kill my fish so that might make it worse but I could use it as a last resort

This kid is trying to break my door down how do you have this little respect for someone else’s house.
 

Kribensis27

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
This kid is trying to break my door down how do you have this little respect for someone else’s house.
Dear god this kid needs help
 

Mii

Member
AggressiveAquatics said:
New problem this kid is a brat. I politely asked him to leave my room 5 times because he was swinging a nerf gun around that easily could have broken one of my tanks and kept saying “no I won’t leave you can’t stop me from breaking one of your fish tanks”. I hate this kid with a passion.
Pick him up and drag him out. Lock the door. And never let him in again.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom