Saskatchewan: 3 bronze cory's and 6 WCMM looking for a new home

Discussion in 'Canada - BSTF' started by Red1313, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

I've had the Bronze Cory Trio over a year now, and the WCMM for a bit over 6 months.
    I've decided to change the stock in my 56 gallon (swapping them out for another goldfish or two) however I thought I'd post this and see if anyone on fishlore would be interested in them. They can be yours for just the cost of shipping.
    Any questions let me know :p

2. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Oh bummer, you're in Canada! Don't suppose they would overnight to CT?

I might be interested in the WCMM? Do you have a pic of them? Are they like this?  

Would they get along with kuhli loaches and a dwarf cichlid pair?

3. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Hi Lynda
    The WCMM are pretty benign so wouldn't cause trouble but I'm not familiar with dwarf cichlids so couldn't comment on that.

However I checked out google maps and I don't think shipping them to you would work. I suspect that shipping could come out to somewhere around $100 or possible more. You're over 3600km away from me...

4. btate617

btate617 Well Known Member Member

The shipping is not the biggest factor in shipping fish from Canada to the states.

You would be looking at wildlife fees in the range of about $250-300 for the box to clear customs. Unless ordering $1,000's worth of fish from Canada it is not worth the money for those in the states. Just thought I would point this out.
    I will get the exact fees if I have time today.

Brian

5. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Oh my sweet Lord...... I don't even want to break down what that means each fish would cost me in the end..... :;jaws

6. btate617

Sorry Red for the hijack......

Here is the response from my buddy Spence who ships all over Canada and also has farms in the states.

US fish and wild life 145 for inspection, 55 for non designated port of entry and I believe the license u need on other side is now 90 dollars a year. Before u even ship lol

Brian

7. OP
    OP
    Red1313

No worries Brian :p

I played a bunch of phone tag with the CFIA last year when I was looking into bringing in some of MM's bettas. From what I recall there was more paper work then anything on this side to bring them in. No real fee's to pay. However WCMM might be a bit different since they're not tropical fish :p

8. btate617

No no it is very easy to get fish to Canada from the states. The reason for this from my understanding is because tropical fish will not survive the winter here if released, there is more to it but the danger of new species establishing themselves is very very low.. So they don't pose the same dangers here as in the states....take Florida, Texas, etc as why the US has concerns.

The fees are not bad at all to get them shipped here. Even driving fish across the border if you know the scientific name and a reciept you normally have no problems. People in Winnipeg often go to MN for fish. Also if you can provide documentation the species is not on CITES ( a print out will do, or even the mere mention of CITES usually get them off your back) you often are fine.

Brian

9. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

:eek: about the fees! i would have considered the corys if shipping wasn't too bad. sorry.....

10. OP
    OP
    Red1313

That's ok :p

Thanks for the interest anyway lol. A member from Canada may be interested yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice