Sand hoppers

1. ELC and CJC Initiate Member

So, sand hoppers!
    Does anyone know if these lovely little crustaceans make good food for tropical fish and seahorses? I have read on numerous sites that, especially for seahorses, these guys are very high in nutrition and an optimum source of sustenance.
    My brother and I are planning to raise a few different groups of them (sand hoppers) in various enviroments for experimentation purposes, and we have heard that there is quite a large market for frozen crustaceans in the tropical fish arena.
    If any of this is true, or if anyone has an idea as to where such a product can be sold, I would love it if you'd drop me a line!  Any other info on sand hoppers, their cultivation, propogation, captive habitat welfare, and general habits would also be exceedingly welcome.

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore! I only have freshwater tanks, but Mike here, has saltwater tanks and might have some information for you. What a lot of hobbyists do is sell their stuff on the forums they frequent and sell to other hobbyists. You can also check for local aquarium and reef clubs and become a member. These clubs usually have auctions and you could sell your stuff there as well. It's great to have you with us! ;)

3. betta waita Initiate Member

how much do sea horses cost?

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

I'm not sure how much they cost, but they are saltwater and are very hard to keep alive in captivity :( So IMO they're only for very experienced saltwater aquarists :-\
    They are probably very expensive...

5. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

i saw one for 50 something dollars

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

oh thats not so bad

7. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member