Sand And Plants (osmocote Plus Root Tabs) Question

1. C

Cousincat New Member Member

So I really want to plant my 20 long and these are the most realistic things i can afford. Not including the plants, I already picked the ones I want. Are these sands 100% safe? I cant justify spending lots of money on sand so Is this good Also does the osmocite root tabs actaully work?

Attached Files:

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

The sand should work fine. You will need to rinse the sand which isn’t bad at all. At least with pool filter.

I use pool filter sand. Love it.

3. Culprit

Culprit Fishlore VIP Member

4. OP
    OP
    C

Thanks guys! Sorry for all the questions ^^;

5. Ms rose

Ms rose Well Known Member Member

Aww toot tabs lmao how cute lol, sorry I'll butt out, no pun intended hahah

6. OP
    OP
    C

LOL I was in a hurry and just realized that. It gave me a chuckle reading your reply tho so it can't be that bad

7. Culprit

Culprit Fishlore VIP Member

No problem. Never be afraid to ask questions!

8. Ms rose

Haha typos are totally normal, it's just funny ones like your I say anything about, I'm not one of those "umm you didn't spell that righ" ppl

9. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

I myself use BDBS in all my tanks. I love the stuff, and definitely recommend the medium 20/40 grit. As previously mentioned though, MAKE SURE you wash/rinse the stuff first. Here's a couple pictures of what it looks like in my tanks for reference.
    IMG_20180423_142451573_HDR.jpg IMG_20180329_231115765_HDR.jpg

10. Ms rose

Looks so good, nice tanks

11. Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog Valued Member Member

I used super naturals black sand in all my tanks and I love it. I use flourish root tabs for my plants and they’re growing Here are just 2 of them.

IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1500.JPG