Same Sex / Harem Cherry Barb Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a same sex cherry barbs or harem in one of their tanks? I'm interested in doing an all female CB tank or harem. So far I only have two males and two females, yes I know, they need to be in a school of six or more. But when I bought my CB at a local pet store, they only have four at the time, but I'm planning on getting some more in the future. I recently moved one of my males in a 5 gallon because he keeps chasing everyone in the tank and spooking the cory catfishes.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You'd be fine with either all females or with a harem. I'd add the male CB back - he should stop chasing whenever you add more CBs to make him feel more comfortable.

OP
Crispii

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I'm planning on trading a few of my fish for some female CB at my local fish store (if they have any lol).

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
IME, males do best with a ration of 1:2 males to females. The males will be mostly distracted by the females and co petting with the other males to bother any other fish.

OP
Crispii

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response! The pet store has only four CB (two males and two females). Planning on getting more females in the future whenever I have the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom