Salutations

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Alhana, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Alhana

Alhana Valued Member Member

Hello everyone. Just a little post to introduce myself since I just kinda jumped into the forum head first. I originally joined to get a little insight into my "rescue" feeder goldfish after I realized this was the forum I was always reading on my phone when searching for information on random fish related things.

I started with fish keeping a looooong time ago, after a family friend had an aquarium for a long while. She had a goldfish that I really liked and between myself and the friend we convinced my parents to let me have the fish. Well long story short, it died right before I was going to take possession of it. So after hemming and hawing for a bit my parents took me to the petstore and we got my first 20 gallon aquarium.

I had that tank in my bedroom for about 2 or 3 years, then it moved out into the living room for a few more years and then back in my bedroom for awhile. Then after an accident involving cleaning the tank I lost all of my favorite fish and took it down. When I was 16 I got a job at a Petsmart and have been working there part time ever since. Started off in the Aquatics section, was a dog trainer for about 10 years and now back in Pet Care part time.

My current set up is a 20 high that has kinda run away with itself. My original goal was to just have a school of tetras and then a few platy and guppy. In reality the first year my tank was setup I couldn't keep any of my male fish alive. Still not sure what caused that.
    Currently I have:
    3 Marimo moss balls
    8 Glowlight tetra
    3 Rasbora Hets ( I know I need more, on the lookout for a few)
    4 Small horned nerite snails ( I love these, everyone should have some!)
    1 Single tail telescope goldfish rescue (thanks to the forum in giving him an ID)*
    And a bunch of random livebearer fry (more rescues)

*For anyone new to the hobby, I don't recommend keeping a goldfish in your tropical tank, but he is a rescue and hopefully a temporary addition.

My current goals in fish keeping are:
    1. start working with live plants and learning how to care for them
    2. Figure out a more appropriate placement for my rescued goldfish
    3. Shrimp!

Hopefully if I did it right, I put in a picture of my tank in its current state. I just added an anubias nana and an anubias congenesis. I will be adding some contortion val soon and hopefully some subwassertang if I can find it.

Thank you to everyone who has chatted with me thus far on the forum and I hope to meet more!!
    April 10.jpg

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!

3. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore, Glad you joined!

4. bubblegum-heart

bubblegum-heart Valued Member Member

Welcome to fishlore! :happy:

5. Hill Dweller

Hill Dweller Well Known Member Member

Welcome, these folks sure are a wealth of knowledge! I too always found myself on fishlore when searching for random fishy answers!

6. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Welcome! :)

7. OP
    OP
    Alhana

Alhana Valued Member Member

Yeah it started with the nerite snails. I kept thinking we had these snails at work and we almost never sold them, what is really the point of them? Then I did some research and now our store can barely keep the smaller horned nerites in stock. Almost all of the employees have one.

Thank you everyone = )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice