Salutations, Fishlorians!

FieryJude

Hey there, my name is Jude. I'm pretty new to all this, had a simple 15 or 20 gallon aquarium as a teen with goldfish for 5 years or so but that's about it. I'm 33 now, and have a decorative tank hanging on my wall that holds a bit less than 1 gallon. Don't worry, I don't plan on putting fish in it, I know that's unfairly small. My desire is to start with plants, as I'm an avid gardener and am fascinated with water plants. I believe the term is aquaculture. One day I'd like to have a "normal" tank (as in, not miniature) with fish, snails, crabs, suckers, etc. But that's a ways off. I assumed that since there would only be a few plants in my tank, it wouldn't require much attention or need things like filters, heaters, and such. I'm starting to think I was wrong, and am excited to get to searching this site and learning more. I did use Top Fin Water Conditioner and Fluval Stratum volcanic soil for planted aquariums. While purchasing those I learned that there are shrimp who can live with the plants, which got me super excited (thankfully/sadly they were out of the shrimp), maybe the tank would be large enough for a tiny shrimp or two. Anyway, if you have advice or want to point me in a certain direction on this site, feel free to do so. I'm well aware of my lack of knowledge and experience in this "world", and love learning and growing! Wish me luck, I'm off to search, read, explore and soak up some aquarium knowledge! Thanks ya'll, I feel privileged to be here :D

SouthAmericanCichlids

Hey there, my name is Jude. I'm pretty new to all this, had a simple 15 or 20 gallon aquarium as a teen with goldfish for 5 years or so but that's about it. I'm 33 now, and have a decorative tank hanging on my wall that holds a bit less than 1 gallon. Don't worry, I don't plan on putting fish in it, I know that's unfairly small. My desire is to start with plants, as I'm an avid gardener and am fascinated with water plants. I believe the term is aquaculture. One day I'd like to have a "normal" tank (as in, not miniature) with fish, snails, crabs, suckers, etc. But that's a ways off. I assumed that since there would only be a few plants in my tank, it wouldn't require much attention or need things like filters, heaters, and such. I'm starting to think I was wrong, and am excited to get to searching this site and learning more. I did use Top Fin Water Conditioner and Fluval Stratum volcanic soil for planted aquariums. While purchasing those I learned that there are shrimp who can live with the plants, which got me super excited (thankfully/sadly they were out of the shrimp), maybe the tank would be large enough for a tiny shrimp or two. Anyway, if you have advice or want to point me in a certain direction on this site, feel free to do so. I'm well aware of my lack of knowledge and experience in this "world", and love learning and growing! Wish me luck, I'm off to search, read, explore and soak up some aquarium knowledge! Thanks ya'll, I feel privileged to be here :D
Welcome!

JLAquatics

Welcome to Fishlore, FieryJude! Fishlore is a forum that is so much more than just a site about fish. Fishlore will definitely have all the answers you may need for your ventures, so feel free to explore this amazing site. More importantly, have fun as well! Welcome again! ;)

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

alven

Greetings, and welcome to Fishlore. = )

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mysticalmoonglo
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies