Saltwater Tank Question

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Setup' started by vikingpillage89, Apr 18, 2019.

1. vikingpillage89Valued MemberMember

I'm going to be doing a bare bottom fish only dry rock only nano 10 if I strictly dont add anything else besides my clowns and the dry rock no snails and nothing else isn't a 100% fact that I cant get any pests or living "things" in my saltwater tank

Please and thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
  2. JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

If you go with captive bred clowns then I would say the chances of getting pests/parasites are virtually nil, although you will likely have problems with algae after a while (as nothing is there to eat the excess food bits and it will get trapped on the rock and feed unwanted algae growth) What type of filter media are you planning on using for the tank? You may want to consider some Chaeto Macro algae for filtration and some copepods for detritus and waste removal from the rockwork. The Chaeto will form a place for the pods to breed. The clownfish will periodically eat them (all fish do) but they should sustain a population in there. If not then you may want a couple of small red hermit crabs in there to eat the extra food bits. You would be amazed at how much gunk can build up/get trapped in the rockwork.

3. vikingpillage89Valued MemberMember

2 sponge bag of bio balls bag of carbon 1 nano bag of chemi pure blue and filter sock yea but I'm trying to test a theory and dont want any pests I'm worried if ibuy snails and such they will bring eggs or something into my tank and it will ruin my theory.