20 Gallon Tank Saltwater Setup

Mehmet91
Good morning all,

I’ve been fish keeping for a year and I must say I love the hobby (Usually a gamer still love that too!), I currently own a 125L freshwater setup with two shubunkin goldfish who are happier than ever now in a nice setup, They was rescued from someone who didn’t look after them properly, I now understand about required levels for Nitrites PH, Ammonia, Water hardness, Water changes etc

The hobby has encouraged me to try and learn about saltwater setups and to have two Clownfish (finding nemo) in a reasonable sized tank I was thinking around 80L/20GAL with only the fish & live rock only,
With the aquarium that I brought for the Freshwater it was a Juwel Rio 125, this came with a 100w heater that’s brand new not been touched, Can this be used for the saltwater build, In terms of filtration would a Fluval u3/u4 be sufficient or am I completely wrong in what saltwater fish need in terms of this type of filtration,

would any of you kind bunch be able to do a list for me please in what exactly is needed to accomplish the above as stated I just want the fish and some live rock in a nice suited spaced tank, Also I’d be wanting to get the clownfish as babies and in a pair of two,

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Mehmet

PeteStevers
Mehmet91 said:
With the aquarium that I brought for the Freshwater it was a Juwel Rio 125, this came with a 100w heater that’s brand new not been touched, Can this be used for the saltwater build,
Don't know for sure about that particular heater but, I would think it would be safe for freshwater and saltwater.
Mehmet91 said:
In terms of filtration would a Fluval u3/u4 be sufficient or am I completely wrong
People use all kinds of equipment. I would think this would work but, just remember that eventually, coralline algae will start covering everything and its not easy to remove. A HOB may do a better job as well as create surface agitation to promote oxygen exchange. You can also add other media in the HOB empty chamber if needed.
Mehmet91 said:
Also I’d be wanting to get the clownfish as babies and in a pair of two,
Not trying to scare you but, when I got two oscellaris clown juveniles, they got along great for a few months. I didn't know that they are all born as males. Sooner or later, the larger of the two will change to female and during this process, will beat up on the male. In my case, they fought (violently) until the male accepted that the other was going to be the female (then they all of a sudden stopped fighting). Unfortunately, about a week or two later, the male was dead. Not sure what happened but, this is just an FYI if you see this behavior.

Latest threads

Top Bottom