Saltwater possibility... Again!

1. eds48 Member Member

Hello!
    I posted threads regarding saltwater before and I have done all my research and I still have that knowledge lol. At first I was considering starting a saltwater reef, but then I backed out. Now I want to start one again. I found all the equipment I will get but its just a matter of stocking the tank. There are 2 tank sizes I currently have a 16 gallon or a 29 gallon. Now I know that typically the bigger the tank for saltwater Is better, but I would really like my reef tank to be the 16 bowfront. Now would it be possible to put a pair of ocellaris clownfish, and a watchman goby along with a pistol shrimp in a 16 gallon? I want it to be a reef so would I be limited for corals? Im looking more towards beginner corals? Is this a good stocking idea I have? What are some type of corals? Im trying to follow other peoples steps when they set up the same type of tank and a reef tank too (16 gallons).

-Thank You! :)

2. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Hi Ed, I looked up "two clown fish in a nano reef tank" and MANY pic's (which is helpful) and such came up. I run larger SW fowlr tanks as we talked about with no experience with these nano reef set ups but many people have 'em at a 16g size with two clown fish. I personally would feel it's too small but someone else would be better at giving advice on this who does keep nano's.

3. Teishokue Well Known Member Member

Pulsing xenias

4. Tnabna Initiate Member

I am new to saltwater aquariums and corals. I've found that pulsing xenias, frogspawn, ricordea mushrooms, and Zoanthids are my friends. Easy to care for, lots of movement, and bring color to your tank. Good luck!