Saltwater Plant Id

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Kyle., Apr 24, 2017.

1. Kyle.

Kyle. New Member Member

Hi,

I was looking for some help identifying this seaweed that was given to me when I purchased some live rock the other day. I didn't notice that it was included in the bucket of live rock until I made it home and discovered it.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
    upload_2017-4-24_16-12-40.png

2. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

I don't think there is any true saltwater plants, as actual plants can't survive in full out salt water. It is more likely to be a type of macro algae.

It's hard to see what its true color is with the blue lighting, is it red, green, brown?

Maybe try looking around this cite:  

3. OP
    OP
    Kyle.

Kyle. New Member Member

I've tried looking around online but haven't really had any luck finding something that looks like this plant. It's a dark green color with some brown along the outer edges. I assumed it to be some type of macro algae but am mainly trying to find out if it is ok to leave in my tank or if I should remove it because it could become a headache later?

4. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

You might have more luck posting on the saltwater forum... this one is freshwater :)

5. OP
    OP
    Kyle.

Kyle. New Member Member

Thanks, I noticed that after I posted lol. I didn't realize that the plants was in freshwater only section. Guess that's why I'm an initiate :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice