Saltwater clean up crew ideas

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What do you want to clean up? If it's algae and biofilm on the rock and glass, nerite snails are the best! They eat all types of algae with exception to filamentous. I'm not familiar with Saltwater shrimp.

Texasfishkepper

Reaction score
angelcraze said:
What do you want to clean up? If it's algae and biofilm on the rock and glass, nerite snails are the best! They eat all types of algae with exception to filamentous. I'm not familiar with Saltwater shrimp.
I want something to clean algae of rocks and glass. Also something to eat leftover food and fish waste on the sand.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Texasfishkepper said:
I want something to clean algae of rocks and glass. Also something to eat leftover food and fish waste on the sand.
For algae, hands down nerite. Not sure about leftover foods, but I would look at shrimp. Nerites eat mostly algae. I had 10 nerites in my 120 gallon Freshwater and they kept it sparkling clean.

I found this interesting
Saltwater Aquarium Clean Up Crew For Beginners | Reef Builders | The Reef and Saltwater Aquarium Blog
Maybe you've seen it, but some nice choices for reef.

Texasfishkepper

Reaction score
angelcraze said:
For algae, hands down nerite. Not sure about leftover foods, but I would look at shrimp. Nerites eat mostly algae. I had 10 nerites in my 120 gallon Freshwater and they kept it sparkling clean.
Okay thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom