Saltwater back to Freshwater? Please help! Help 

ViridiosExotics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OK I'm changing my Saltwater tank back into a Freshwater tank and I need to know how to go about doing this?

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
just empty it out and replace the substrate then refill it.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With respect to Morgan.....

Your biggest concern is removing the traces of salt as much as possible.

Your bio media should be fine, but I would recommend replacing sponges etc, as well as a complete flush with hot water/vinegar solution through the filter hoses etc.

Depending on the setup, you may be able to get rid of powerheads, as well as possibly having to change lighting if you plan a Freshwater planted.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ryanr said:
With respect to Morgan.....

Your biggest concern is removing the traces of salt as much as possible. that is why I said to change out the substrate...
and new decorations are needed (I was still sleepy lol)

Your bio media should be fine, but I would recommend replacing sponges etc, as well as a complete flush with hot water/vinegar solution through the filter hoses etc.
whoops forgot to mention.

Depending on the setup, you may be able to get rid of powerheads, as well as possibly having to change lighting if you plan a Freshwater planted.
I like power heads in my Freshwater tanks to circulate the water and there is no need for actnic lighting in a Freshwater tank but it doesn't hurt anything IMO and it does look nice

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
salt...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads