Salmonella and African Dwarf Frogs?

SomyaValecha

I just read somewhere that ADF's can carry salmonella. I have no idea what this disease is and how it spreads. Can someone please explain to me how serious of a disease salmonella is? Can I get it simply from doing water changes? I put my hands in my tank a lot for various purposes so should I not get ADFs because of the risk of disease?

MrBryan723

It is a bacteria commonly associated with food poisoning. If you're the kind to lick your fingers after handling raw chicken, maybe frogs and turtles aren't for you. But if you understand the bare basics of washing your hands regularly after handling such things, you will be fine.

SomyaValecha

MrBryan723 said:
It is a bacteria commonly associated with food poisoning. If you're the kind to lick your fingers after handling raw chicken, maybe frogs and turtles aren't for you. But if you understand the bare basics of washing your hands regularly after handling such things, you will be fine.
How long can salmonella survive outside of water? What happens if I take something out of my aquarium(a decoration or something similar) and then don’t sanitize it?

Top Bottom