Salifert Ammonia Test Kit Freshwater

Discussion in 'Test Kits' started by jamesw6810, Aug 20, 2019.

1. jamesw6810

jamesw6810Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +40
    Hi,

Quick Q - Ive read online from multiple sellers that the Salifert Ammonia (NH3) test kit is suitable for both freshwater & Marine

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

2. Heron

HeronValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +201
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    API ammonia tests and nt labs ammonia tests ( which are the ones I use ) both say they are suitable for both fresh and salt so it's quite likely these will be too.

3. Archaea

ArchaeaNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    I have stopped buying Salifert test kits for my freshwater setups. Why? Simply because Salifert makes it difficult to obtain any information about their products for freshwater tanks. I just checked their website and the section under Test Kits > Freshwater returns the result - Under Construction. It has been saying that for well over a year. The OP should be able to get this information from 'the horse's mouth'. Instead, we have to resort to word of mouth. James, in the USA, there is Seachem, etc. Here in the UK, the names that come to mind are JBL, Tropic Marin, NT Labs, Tetra, etc.

4. Heron

HeronValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +201
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    I use the nt labs freshwater test kit and on the whole they are good. The only slight downside is the pH test, it covers a wide range of pH values but this means it is harder to get an exact value. I can only say that my pH is above 7 and lower than 8. So I also use a Colombo pH test kit which is the only separate pH test available from my local shop ( a branch of maidenhead aquatics)

Become a Fishlore Member