Sajica (t Bar) Cichlid And Appropriate Stocking

JGombs99

Hello, all. I've been considering some changes with my tanks lately, and all of a sudden, things got more complicated (but also great). Essentially, I just found a source online that has Sajica Cichlids for sale. I've been looking for this fish locally for at least two years with no luck, so this is great. However, because I've been looking for so long, I had lost hope that I'd ever find them, so I've gotten other fish in the meantime. The purpose of this post is to hopefully learn a bit more about this fish, especially their personality/temperament, and also to decide if I need to change my stocking to make room.

First, the Sajica's personality. I'm debating if I should get one or two. These guys will either be the centerpiece, or the compliment to the centerpiece (depending on whether I keep my Severum or not when we get to the stocking portion). This is a community tank with some of the more docile Cichlids, around some larger schooling fish and some catfish. I want the tank to remain as peaceful as possible. I know if the Sajicas breed (if I get two), I may have an issue, so I need guidance. Breeding is definitely not my goal, especially if it will take away from the overall peace in the tank, but I know it could happen if I get two. But, if I only get one, I'm concerned I might not get much color, and I definitely want to get the most visual impact that I can. Again, I'd like some guidance from folks with some experience to decide what's the best choice for me.

My tank: 100 gallons (72" x 18" x 18"). None of my fish are full grown yet. 1 Severum, 1 Featherfin Catfish, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 EBA, 2 Hybrid Synodontis Catfish, 2 Keyhole Cichlids, 6 BosemanI Rainbows, 10 Congo Tetras, 2 Nerite Snails. Well filtered, lightly planted. Thanks in advance!

A201

T-Bar cichlids aren't that common around here either. Probably why I haven't ever kept them. If you got the space available, might be a good idea to stock several of them. I don't think they are as aggressive as Firemouths (they aren't bad). Probably more in line with Rainbow Cichlids. Post pics if you get them.

JGombs99

T-Bar cichlids aren't that common around here either. Probably why I haven't ever kept them. If you got the space available, might be a good idea to stock several of them. I don't think they are as aggressive as Firemouths (they aren't bad). Probably more in line with Rainbow Cichlids. Post pics if you get them.
Thanks. I'll post pics if I do get them, but I still need to see if it'll work with my current stocking, etc.

A201

IMO, Every fish you listed are too big for T-Bars to eat, and none of the current stock are likely to bother the T-Bars.

JGombs99

IMO, Every fish you listed are too big for T-Bars to eat, and none of the current stock are likely to bother the T-Bars.
Oh, they're definitely too big to be eaten, yes. But, doesn't mean they couldn't still be killed or harassed. Just want to be cautious.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Janice1979
Replies
Views
tyguy7760
Replies
Views
Alba71
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Lip Locking Cichlids
Replies
Views
Dippiedee
75 Gallon Tank Cichlid Growth Question!!
Replies
Views
SparkyJones

New Cichlid Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom