30 Gallon Tank Sailfin Molly being chased by male

Kapad1
I have a sailfin Molly pair and my male keeps chasing the female and nipping her stomach. I got them about a month ago and this is a new thing, they used to be very peaceful. I have noticed a gravid spot but Idk if she always had it as its hard to see. I have a breeder box but idk if I should put her in it as it might stress her out more. if she is pregnant then I want the fry to survive and they won't if she drops them in the tank as there are Bala sharks and angel fish in it. any suggestions on what top do with her? I do have another 5 gallon tank but it's very small and has a Betta and some endlers and ember tetras in it. I'm worried if I put her in there she might stress more again.

Betta'sAnonymous
Well, most livebearers need a 2 or 3f/1 male ratio, otherwise the male will stress the female out from constant chasing. Yeah, she probably will be about as stressed in the box or in the 5 gallon. Does she have a boxy belly yet?

Kapad1
no, not yet. but its hard to tell as she's a sail fin so not a normal Molly and she's very big.

Top Bottom