Safest Way To Clean Artificial Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by HollyW30, Apr 12, 2018.

1. H

HollyW30 New Member Member

When cleaning the tank, what is the safest way to go about cleaning artificial plants?

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

This sorta depends...did you face some sort of disease outbreak recently? Or do you want just a General way if cleaning them?

3. Fishywife

Fishywife Valued Member Member

I put mine in a bleach dip after use in my quarantine tank. Leave them an hour or so, then rinse thoroughly under the tap. If silk plants, I bleach them. Rinse them then leave them just covered in a bucket of water with 2 caps of prime for half hour. I mostly have live plants, only use fake in my qt.

4. glo

glo Valued Member Member

I usually just scrub them in plain water, but if they're really full of algae white vinegar in water works very well. Just be sure to rinse thoroughly.

5. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

When I had artificial plants, I just took them out of the tank on a PWC day and put them in a 5 gallon bucket with water from the water change amd just rubbed them with my fingers or a brush I got solely for the purpose of cleaning decorations. Then back to the tank.

6. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

I use my hands, a brush and some warm water to scrub it. If a fish is sick i boil some water and dip them in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice