55 Gallon Tank Safe to add more fish

Turnkeyagenda24

I am wondering if it is safe to get some more danios and plecos this weekend
I am doing the cycling with fish method and i put the fish in on sunday and the water is starting to clear up.

Analisemcg

I am doing the cycling with fish method and i put the fish in on sunday and the water is starting to clear up.
do you have a way to get your parameters?

MyFishAddiction

Also, how many fish do you already have?

ProudPapa

I'd wait until you can test the water, and make sure you don't have much ammonia or nitrite showing before adding more fish.

JeremyW

Water clarity is not a good indicator of water quality. It really doesn't tell you anything useful.

That's great you're getting a test kit.

I'd advise patience. Its incredibly tempting in the beginning to keep adding more fish. Your tank has only been running a few days, so its probably not time to add anything more. What do you already have in there?

Get your test kit, and practice using it. Enjoy the fish you already have, and test your water regularly. Get a week or two under your belt, and then if things are going well, add a few more fish.

Turnkeyagenda24

okay, i tested my water PH: 7.4 nitrate nitrite and ammonia all 0. I got a few fish XD i got 2 sword tails 2 plecos and 2 tetras

Dunk2

okay, i tested my water PH: 7.4 nitrate nitrite and ammonia all 0. I got a few fish XD i got 2 sword tails 2 plecos and 2 tetras
Did you get the API kit? I’d keep a close (daily) eye on your water parameters.

How large is your tank and how long has it been running?

Turnkeyagenda24

Yes i got the freshwater master test kit. my tank is 55 gallons. the fish have been in for a week from tommorow

Dunk2

Yes i got the freshwater master test kit. my tank is 55 gallons. the fish have been in for a week from tommorow
You’re comfortable with the fish-in cycle?

Turnkeyagenda24

These are my first fish i have had and this is the only way to cycle that i have done.

Dunk2

These are my first fish i have had and this is the only way to cycle that i have done.
So this will be a good learning (and work) experience!

Test your water parameters daily and be prepared to do water changes (maybe daily) to keep the combined level of ammonia and nitrites at or below 0.50 ppm.

What water conditioner are you using? And what are you using for water changes?

Turnkeyagenda24

i am using prime as my conditioner and i have a siphon vacuume for changing water.

Dunk2

i am using prime as my conditioner and i have a siphon vacuume for changing water.
Good luck! And come back here with questions.

Turnkeyagenda24

Okay, Thanks for the help!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
altwitch
  • Question
Replies
Views
BrisingrSenpai
Replies
Views