Safe stocking question for 12 gallon long

HarlaJean

I have a 12 gallon long planted with java, anubias, hornwort ect with drift wood. External finnex 360 and a sponge filter appropriate for up to 20 gallons. Current occupants are 1 female honey gourami, 6 chili rasboras, 2 zebra nerite snails and 6 neocaridina. I'm curious if I would be okay adding 6 more chili's and later on about 5 or 6 more neocaridinas. Everyone is getting along perfectly well. I do water changes once a week. I'm interested in keeping the bio load low,I'm not trying to reach max compasity by any means. About where would this put me?

OnlyNobody

I think so. Should be more than ok.
I keep 2 inches per gallon in my tanks and should be perfectly fine especially with plants.
Chillies also have a very low bioload so i wouldnt worry.
I know a lot of ppl will say its max 1 inch per gallon but ive kept more and monitored the fish behaviours plus nitrogen compounds. I guess its all up to each person.

Rye3434

The inch per gallon rule is dated and not regarded as useful anymore. Obviously one ten inch Oscar is going to produce a lot more waste than 10 neon tetras.

but, yes you will be fine with the 6 more chilis and neos

ruud

6 chili....chances are males and females....they breed.....few survive, and you'll end up with more chillis

same with the neos

ProudPapa

If the six neocaridina shrimp are mixed sexes you will likely have more soon without needing to buy them.

HarlaJean

I think so. Should be more than ok.
I keep 2 inches per gallon in my tanks and should be perfectly fine especially with plants.
Chillies also have a very low bioload so i wouldnt worry.
I know a lot of ppl will say its max 1 inch per gallon but ive kept more and monitored the fish behaviours plus nitrogen compounds. I guess its all up to each person.
Cool thanks for your input I appreciate it
6 chili....chances are males and females....they breed.....few survive, and you'll end up with more chillis

same with the neos
I never took the chili's breeding into consideration... thanks!
If the six neocaridina shrimp are mixed sexes you will likely have more soon without needing to buy them.
True,maybe I'll just leave the numbers low on the shrimp for now. Thank you
The inch per gallon rule is dated and not regarded as useful anymore. Obviously one ten inch Oscar is going to produce a lot more waste than 10 neon tetras.

but, yes you will be fine with the 6 more chilis and neos
Yeah I don't take that rule into consideration. Seems like such a loose idea. Thanks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ADFbreeder

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom