I have been trying to eliminate my tanks of all chemicals - and I have. I don't use any chemicals anymore EXCEPT for API Tap Water Treatment to remove Chlorine / Chloramines. So I've been trying to figure out a way to eliminate that too. If there is only chlorine in my tap water - then simply aging the water overnight will evaporate that away. But if chloramines are also used - then that becomes a bit too difficult, and not something I'd want to deal with because it takes DAYS for them to evaporate. Do I have chlorine, chloramines, or both? I don't have my most recent water report - so I had to figure it out. This is what I did. I got a HANNA TOTAL CHLORINE TESTER and tested my water ... 1. Straight out of the tap = 0.25 ppm total chlorine 2. Tap water treated with API tap water treatment = 0.00 ppm total chlorine 3 Tap water aged 24 hours (not treated with API) = 0.08 ppm total chlorine So I'm assuming that, of the .25 ppm of total chlorine in my tap - .08 of it is actually chloramines. A lot of municipalities use BOTH chlorine and chloramines - so this jibes. But ... there's still .08 chloramines even if I age the water. How safe is this level (in general) for fish?