Sae And Driftwood

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OneLittleBubble said:
I've heard that driftwood will get a white fungus on it and I was wondering if my SAE's will clean it up for me. I also have a UVB light in the canister filter, so will that stop it from growing? Will my SAE's have anything to eat other than fish food.
Most fish will eat the fungus... I know my angels, tetras as well as the common clean up crews (snail, shrimp, plecos ect) eat it. If they dont eat it, it will go away in a couple of weeks anyway.

UV lights only kill free floating single celled organisms, and depending on the type and wattage you have, will determine its effectiveness - most integrated UV systems for canisters are just a waste of energy, since the flow rate is often to fast to cause prolonged exposure.
So to answer your question, it will somewhat- but even then it do ot naturally... and along the same line, algae will still persist in a tank, the UV will only just kill free floating organisms.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I Agree most fish and inverts will eat it and it will also go away on its own after a while

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom