sad update

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
:'(i am sorry to say ich is back and i don’t think the first discus that got it will survive he is skinny runt his fins are nearly completely destroyed and he looks really sick almost certainly stunted. i do have a plan tho this weekend i am getting the stand for my tank welded so i will pout 2 100L tanks on there 1 i will separate my breeding pair and the other i am going 2 try and separate the sik discus from the large group try and get some food and good health into him. i will continue treatment for a long time this time and in all my tanks. just a sad update. does anyone no live some sort of additive i can pout in the tank that will help with ich.:''(

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry your have sick fish . That can be so discouraging.
All the fish in the tank have been exposed to ICH so you need to treat all the fish.
Raise the water temperature to 84F, leave it for at least 14 days, do frequent water changes and substrate vacuums. this will take care of the ICH with out meds.
Good clean water and good food will make your fish feel better too.
Carol

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
what are your water parameters like? Maintenance schedule? Like Carol posted above, keeping the water in the mid 80s (which coincidentally is the normal temp for many discus tank setups that i've read about) and doing daily water changes and thorough vacuuming should alleviate the problem.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I keep my water at 85.5f so hopefully I do not have an issue with ICH and I do water changes all the time. On I side not areyou the same Carol thats on Simply Discus? if so maybe you can tell me why its taking so long for me to be added to the forum I registered about 3 or 4 days ago and I am there but cant post or anything just read which is good nbut I want to start asking questions and making posts of my own I emailed the web masters a few times no response as of yt any sugestions? Sorry did not mean to hijack the thrad at all I just saw the name and thought I wonder if this is the same person again I am sorry wont happen again.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yea about 3 weeks ago I had Ich in the tank same fish started it it took like 3 weeks before it was all gone gravel vak every 2 days big water changes high temp all my plants are nearly dead lol. All my tank was just starting to recover but that one discus till now so iv started it all back up again. Its they are picking on the sick fish so I need 2 get him out he only has a couple days left if that he is really in dire straits. iv just changed my food aswell i pay like double the amount for it but the color in my fish has come out great i did youse aqua one stuff but now the new stuff is not in english.

ifixoldhouses

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I keep my water at 85.5f so hopefully I do not have an issue with ICH and I do water changes all the time. On I side not areyou the same Carol thats on Simply Discus? if so maybe you can tell me why its taking so long for me to be added to the forum I registered about 3 or 4 days ago and I am there but cant post or anything just read which is good nbut I want to start asking questions and making posts of my own I emailed the web masters a few times no response as of yt any sugestions? Sorry did not mean to hijack the thrad at all I just saw the name and thought I wonder if this is the same person again I am sorry wont happen again.
I think that carol quit posting about 5 years ago, it takes a while before you can get started posting, and such admins have to approve any links you post, when you have a low post count, to discourage advertisers.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry to hear about your fish. I'll keep my fins crossed for you and them.

Keep us updated.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
yea i will i will post after i do a water change and feed them 2 night.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hey all after about a day and a bit of treatment im already noticing changes the salt like dots on the really sick discus are falling off but he is still looking really bad. iv stud yd then and this may sound extremely stupid but i have 2 medium bristlnose in the tank they look like all there scales are like up not slat is that weird or am i just being nervous????otherwise all but that really sik discus all seems fine is that normal:s

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keep up the frequent water changes, raised temps, ad substrate vacuums as it takes about 14 days for ICH to run it's course.

Bristlenose are good tank mates for discus. Are you saying they look bloated and their plates are raised? Can you get a picture?
carol

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
there plates are raised i have 3 2 about 10cm and another about 4cm. im really sorry but i am bad with computers i can post a pick in my albums. so i will go take one.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
lol there all hiding i will get one and post it when i can. there is no loss of apatite in any of my fish they still eat like pigs temp is up ph is down they seem happy. the really sick discus is now hiding and not eating he is the sickest discus i have ever seen and there is some really shocking looking discus in stores around here.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom