Sad times.

1. Sayba Well Known Member Member

Well I knew keeping fish with my crayfish was a risk, but after over 11 months with no deaths I thought I was safe, my fish have even had babies and the four survivors are dandy.

Well today something spooked my little fishes, they all schooled and swam right into the crayfish cave... Well one got eaten.

I've made the hard decision to rehome them or take them to a fish shop. Taking them to a fish shop may be the only option I get, none of my friends have a tank, but it's hard thinking some noobie might end up having them :/ And then... You know...

At least I'll be able to focus all my attention on my crayfish, betta and snails.

2. Jomolager Well Known Member Member

It sounds like you need to get one more tank.

Sorry for your loss.

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

What a shame, but as Jomolager says it's a good excuse to get anther tank

4. Sayba Well Known Member Member

Oh definitely! If only my mum would let me, I want a tank big enough for an oscar or convict pair. I would just get rid of the crayfish but I love her too much, getting rid of the cray would allow me to get more different kinds of fish! But she's just my baby girl, there is a rock in the tank with her name engraved on it xD

5. Jomolager Well Known Member Member

Welcome to real life! We all have to make choices :)5

6. mg13 Well Known Member Member

totally agree, but you can still ask for a extra... can't you?

7. Sayba Well Known Member Member

I already have two xD A third would be great but as long as I'm living under my mums roof I can't. I took them down to the aquatics shop today, watched them floating the bag with them in and made sure they at least dumped a little tank water in the bag instead of just dumping them in. They'll be alright at the shop at least.
    I got to pick up a bigger tank for my betta too.

8. mg13 Well Known Member Member

sucks, ;)

9. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

You knoooooooooooow...Petco IS having a dollar per gallon sale right now. You could get the tank, rig a DIY lid, make a quick sponge filter, grab a heater if you need it, and be set for relatively cheap.

Believe i know right now money IS an object for many of us, it certainly is for me, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case you didn't know. I know it has to be hard to rehome fish, I don't think I could do it :(

I'm sorry it isn't working out :(

10. mg13 Well Known Member Member

why'd you mention it?! I would so buy another tank if i didn't live in this house!

I want a ten gallon,

Is it in all petcos?

Maybe I'll ask someone to take me so I can finally get that new tank I've been waiting for, I am aloud one more, which will be a ten gallon.

11. Sayba Well Known Member Member

I wish there was such a thing as a dollar per gallon sale in the UK, we don't have petcos here, or dollars! D;

Money isn't the problem really, it's space, and my mum just doesn't want any more tanks in her house. :/ At least they went to a good pet shop, I just hope they go to a good home. I asked the owner to make sure they didn't go to just any idiot, but there isn't a lot they can do.

At least it was just 8 danios, and they did all go together. Plus they will be in a nice large school for a while before they get bought.