Sad story

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mammaguppy, Jul 16, 2015.

1. mammaguppy

mammaguppy Valued Member Member

Okay,I came across this story online. Someone who had budgies but only bred them infrequently had a grey female she paired with a sky blue male. Instant love. A little while later,she lost the use of her legs due to tumors. She'd climb up to her favorite perch at night,using her beak and would balance there. If she started to tip,he would extend a wing to keep her from falling,sometimes even sleeping that way. Sadly ,the female died and the male was left brokenhearted. He hardly ate and made no sound. A week later,he started returning to normal,although he was very quiet. The owner attempted to pair him with several other females,but he rejected them. He died a month or two after the female,like he died of a broken heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. T

Tedda Saur New Member Member

Dying of a "broken heart" is technically possible with humans! Which, of course, is not a nice thing to hear.. I shouldn't sound so enthusiastic.

This made me sad, though. I'm sorry for his and his owners loss. :(

3. MJDuti

MJDuti Well Known Member Member

Another reason why birds are amazing creatures

4. Y

Yabbylady New Member Member

So sweet and very sad :(

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Fishguy11

Fishguy11 Valued Member Member

Shows how intelligent they are

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice