Sad night

mikedf13

So up until tonight, I had 3 african dwarf frogs. Ended up with 2 males and a female. Only realized the genders recently especially noticed weds. night some ambiplexing. Thursday I was able to I'd one Def. As a male. When,I got home from work this evening, round 2 of ambiplex was going on. Also id'd a second male in the tank. After round 2, female adf looked kind of funny. Almost seemed like a small ridge/bump was on her back, a small spot on,her rear was open and red. Thought she might have been close to laying, so I didn't worry. However, she did stay near top.of water though she didn't swim well. Ignored food in the tank. Thought it may be stress from being ambiplexed. Went out, came home, no changes. At one point, I saw her swimming completely irrationally like she had a seizure. After that, she basically floated to the front of the tank, where I got the posted pic, sank and, shuddered and died. Trying to figure out what happened.,ammonia is 0-0.25ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrates 5-10ppm. Stress from ambiplex, chytrid, fungal/bacterial infection...I do have a boy whose shedding. But it seems patchy...

Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 20210618_223552.jpg
    20210618_223552.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 22

Tayler

Patchy shedding could be a sign of chytrid fungus. Do u have any other pictures? The picture above is a bit unclear. The ADF does look a little bit bloated though.

Upvote 0

mikedf13

He's done shedding. A LFS I trust and I came to believe that she was bullied by the two boys in the tank. Its a smaller tank, so the fish guy who I trust believes that she was stressed to posisible ambiplexing by the two boys. The boys I have in the tank seem to be acting correctly, so I am relatively happy with everything.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Baasy
  • Question