sad, depressed, unworthy am i.......

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok, before all the "I told you so's" start flying, I accept that it is my fault.
My sweet, beautiful Dante is no more. I came home from work to find him on the bottom of the tank. His fins were not ripped, did not appear nipped at. I do not know for sure if it was the blue gourami or the stress from the confrontation with the gold one a few days ago. All I know is that he is gone. Forever. and it is my fault, one way or another.
so say what you will, think what you will. just know that I am already despondent and blame myself completely.
now, instead of looking into the tank and seeing that beautiful, brilliant inferno of fins and scales, I see the possible killer of my baby.

goodbye, my sweet Dante. i won't forget you.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh Sunny I am SO Sorry!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  No NO NO I would never say I told you so for anything so horrible.  He may not have had the problem you are thinking he had.  Perhaps it was just his time.  

You have loved him and cared for him and given him a good life and he loved you back.  Please take comfort in the fact that Dante would not want you to be placing blame on yourself.  

I shall be thinking of you and if there is anything I can do please let me know.  I will be watching to see if you post.

Rose
:'(

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
chickadee said:
Oh Sunny I am SO Sorry!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  No NO NO I would never say I told you so for anything so horrible.  He may not have had the problem you are thinking he had.  Perhaps it was just his time.  

You have loved him and cared for him and given him a good life and he loved you back.  Please take comfort in the fact that Dante would not want you to be placing blame on yourself.  

I shall be thinking of you and if there is anything I can do please let me know.  I will be watching to see if you post.

Rose
:'(
chick,
Thank you. I sent you a pm.

S.

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just want to say thank you to everyone for your condolences. I'm sorry if I came across as hard and defensive. That's just me. I feel sad and guilty, so I put up a wall.
I truly enjoy being on this forum. The members here are full of good advice and big hearts. I know that we don't judge each other here, but strive to help make all our fish-experiences better.
Again, thank you all. The loss of a pet is tough, but with friends we can get through.

S.

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
I was so sorry to hear about Dante. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( But rembet he isn't gone forever the fish left in the tank was only the husk of Dante. His soul the part that made him such a grate fish might come back to you as another fish. So if you get another fish and it does a lot of the things Dante use to do it could very well be Dante's soul back in the form of another fish. Also to help Dante's soul from being held back (crazy as this may sound) don't Sit and cry all the time but remember all the good times you had together. It helped me when we lost all three of our dogs and two of my favorite horses at the farm next door. Also remember Dante could always be in the same room as you at any time checking on you. I'm sure he mises you as much as you miss him and he will always remember you. Also keep him alive in your heart and mind thinking of only the happy times you had together and it will help ease the pain of his passing. My greatest sympathies to you.
friend_o_fish

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry to hear about that. I understand how you feel; I felt very much as though I'd killed my betta Darth Pisces because I misdiagnosed his condition and then was too ignorant to know to take the filter out when I was giving him medication. I know you were very fond of him and I hope you can not blame yourself too much.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom