Sad day of fish keeping

WRWAquarium

Lost one of my angels today. One in my avatar. It wasnt acting normal yesterday but I thought it was possibly choosing a spawn site and staying by a leaf. This morning resting on bottom and looked to be prolapsed or a blocked egg laying tube? It passed at lunch time. I don't know.. but happened so fast it seems I didn't even have time to act. Checked water and all good at 0 0 15, pH 8, others in tank normal. Only thing I can think is it ate a baby trumpet snail maybe? I am removing these but there's still a few about.

Leaves me in a predicament. I now have 3 angel fish and although they are actually peaceful I can't see it lasting as I think 2 are a pair and leaves me with my red back who I will be most likely rehoming. Unlikely but if anyone is in southwest UK I will happily give him away to a good home.

Thinking now of possibly the pair of angels allong with some robust schoal fish such as rainbows for the 200 litre tall tank. Strange how fast the world of an aquarium gets turned upside down. Knew I would have to move some of the angels one day but still.

R. I. P blue marble angel :(

BigManAquatics

Yep.. the world and dynamics of an aquarium can change lickety-split. Makes me cringe when i see people say "it's totally peaceful".....sorry about your fish! Wish i could help determine a cause, but i am pretty clueless with angels other than they look pretty, are agressive and that the couple times i tried with angels, things didn't go so well...

Upvote 0

Cawafuoshi

Sorry for your loss!

Upvote 0

philly27

seems like it was out of your hands and also seems like you know what you're doing. sorry for your loss, its never easy. just keep being you, a great fish owner.

Upvote 0

WRWAquarium

Ahwww thanks guys :)

Upvote 0

Ouse

I had a fish death today. I noticed it right before I went to visit a friend, so I left the house feeling down.

Upvote 0

Cawafuoshi

I believe, folks who feel attached to fish and snails are highly empathetic and compassionate.

Upvote 0

GatlingGun

Lost one of my angels today. One in my avatar. It wasnt acting normal yesterday but I thought it was possibly choosing a spawn site and staying by a leaf. This morning resting on bottom and looked to be prolapsed or a blocked egg laying tube? It passed at lunch time. I don't know.. but happened so fast it seems I didn't even have time to act. Checked water and all good at 0 0 15, pH 8, others in tank normal. Only thing I can think is it ate a baby trumpet snail maybe? I am removing these but there's still a few about.

Leaves me in a predicament. I now have 3 angel fish and although they are actually peaceful I can't see it lasting as I think 2 are a pair and leaves me with my red back who I will be most likely rehoming. Unlikely but if anyone is in southwest UK I will happily give him away to a good home.

Thinking now of possibly the pair of angels allong with some robust schoal fish such as rainbows for the 200 litre tall tank. Strange how fast the world of an aquarium gets turned upside down. Knew I would have to move some of the angels one day but still.

R. I. P blue marble angel :(
Sorry about that! If you need any stocking ideas, I think you should try to breed that pair in a separate tank (maybe a 20-29 gallon) and in the 44 gallon (200L) you could try those rainbows (dwarf kamaka’s or praecox) with some dwarf cichlids or coryodoras. That would look really cool, but if you want to stick with your angels that’s cool to add some rainbows, but that’s a lot of livestock, and maybe add some of those lower-dwelling fish. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
musserump09
Replies
Views
H2oAngels
Replies