S&p Cory Catfish And Angelfish.

1. Alphafish98

Alphafish98 Valued Member Member

A quick question can you put salt and pepper Cory’s with angelfish? I’m planing on getting just two angels and there is a lot of hiding spots for the Cory’s and I’m also getting the angels while they’re young. Are these guys okay the Cory’s aren’t that small.

2. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Yes :)

3. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Thank you ! I was so worried that I couldn’t. This is great thank you so much I’m gonna go see my fish now since it’s morning thank you

4. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

No you can't. Peppers can't be in temps like 80. They are cooler water cories.

5. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Also do they always school up ? Because mine do that but sometimes they move on they’re own.

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, C.habrosus aka salt & pepper prefer cooler temperatures than angels & being so small, particularly the males, they may end up as snacks as the angels grow.
    I wouldn’t recommend keeping them together for those reasons.

7. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

I keep looking up everywhere online and it says it’s fine if they’re around 78 and you don’t know if the angels will really eat them please to ruin this, I’m not getting rid of these guys because of that I’ll there has to be other ways.

8. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, you may find you barely see the corys as they will just stay hidden if they feel threatened, & from my limited experience with angels if they think it’ll go in their mouths they’ll try to catch it.
    I can only offer advice, if you go with it then I hope it works out for you but I would suggest you have a back up plan just in case it doesn’t.

9. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Valued Member Member

You have two of the biggest experts on Cory's on your thread.. they will both offer their best advice.. they both know what they are talking about!!!:) I think Sara had over 80 Cory cats!!:)

10. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Then what do I do? I’ve been looking up research constantly and apparently that isn’t enough I hear some people say yes and others no and other it depends on the angel. I don’t have hundreds of tanks I was barley able to afford the 75g one. I personally don’t want angels but my parents want them idk what to do here. I’ll just find a way.

11. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

I’m so sorry you’re confused. But the others are right. Yes corys can survive at 78 degrees, yes bettas can survive at 78 degrees. Thrive, not so much. And angels are not angelic. Like Coradee said, if they THINK they can get it in their mouth, they’ll try. And try again. If you’ve already bought the corys, might want to think about getting another tank. Sorry. :(

12. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

I even looked and this website says they can live in that range of temperature. And I don’t want to get another tank I don’t have room for one. Idk why no one understands that I’m not rich if I was I would go get one but tanks are expensive. Idk what to do I just don’t want to hear from this form right now, I just need to think of a plan. The more I heard and read about angelfish the more I don’t like them, they’re name is very ironic given they’re devilish nature apparently.

13. Smalltownfishfriend

May I kindly ask what you are looking for? I understood that you were wondering if snp corries are compatible with angelfish.. it seems the answer is no.. may I ask what you want to hear now??:)

14. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Idk anymore at the moment, I personally don’t want angels but I wanna get them for my parents because many years ago they had angels, I thought the s&p Cory’s would be okay but guess not I could try to talk with my parents come up with a compromise. But it’s gonna be many many months before we even put angels so I’ll just have to wait and see and talk things out with my parents see what we can do.

15. Smalltownfishfriend

Ok!! I really hope you can figure something out!!:)

16. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

I did I won’t get the angels, worked things out with family so that’s good.