S.I.P Ombre, my bestest boy ❤

SeaMonkey06

He's gone.

My feisty, gorgeous, blue male betta, Ombre, passed away about a week ago. I've wanted to write a memorial for him but it's so hard to accept that he's gone.

I got him in December, 2019, chose him because he had finrot and seemed stressed, and all we had was trouble. Severe fin rot, saddleback columnaris, swim bladder issues, more fin rot - but I loved him so much and tried my hardest. The slightest change in environment would cause him to get sick in one way or another. He was stable a couple of weeks ago and was looking great! Beautiful fins, super happy, in fact, I was preparing my 12 gallon for him because I felt he'd outgrown his 5 gallon a bit.

I noticed he was a bit bloated so fasted him for three days, fed him some brine shrimp and repeated. I thought he was getting better when I noticed the pine coning. It reduced me to tears. I did what I could but about a week after noticed it, he was in a critical condition and was struggling to breathe. We were packing him up to take him to the vet to get euthanized, but he didn't even make it that far.

Miss you always, my water puppy ❤
I'll never forget you, and you'll never know how much I loved you ❤❤❤
(he's the baby in my profile picture, and I don't think I'll ever change it)
Thanks @RikkiTikki for the beautiful drawing that will now be a tribute to my baby ❤

RikkiTikkii

oh my god nooo poor thing
I know how hard it is, I literally cried over my girl's passing for a solid 3 days. It really sucks. Worst feeling ever
Time is definitely a healer s.i.p to your boy

im so glad that my little doodle can be a little memorial piece for him and i could do something dedicated to him :')
he sounded like a very sweet and special fish

Pythia

He's gone.

My feisty, gorgeous, blue male betta, Ombre, passed away about a week ago. I've wanted to write a memorial for him but it's so hard to accept that he's gone.

I got him in December, 2019, chose him because he had finrot and seemed stressed, and all we had was trouble. Severe fin rot, saddleback columnaris, swim bladder issues, more fin rot - but I loved him so much and tried my hardest. The slightest change in environment would cause him to get sick in one way or another. He was stable a couple of weeks ago and was looking great! Beautiful fins, super happy, in fact, I was preparing my 12 gallon for him because I felt he'd outgrown his 5 gallon a bit.

I noticed he was a bit bloated so fasted him for three days, fed him some brine shrimp and repeated. I thought he was getting better when I noticed the pine coning. It reduced me to tears. I did what I could but about a week after noticed it, he was in a critical condition and was struggling to breathe. We were packing him up to take him to the vet to get euthanized, but he didn't even make it that far.

Miss you always, my water puppy ❤
I'll never forget you, and you'll never know how much I loved you ❤❤❤
(he's the baby in my profile picture, and I don't think I'll ever change it)
I'm so sorry about Ombre! He seem like a sweet little betta. :'( I can tell that you loved him very much, it must have been so hard for you. I'd also feel very heartbroken if I lost my Neptune (the betta in my profile pic). May he swim in peace forever.

julifhy

S.I.P. Ombre <3
He was lucky to have an owner that cared about him so much! <3

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views