S.I.P Jimmy Johnson

FishGirl115
Swim in peace Jimmy Johnson. My yellow leopard guppy died today. I came home to his tail shredded all the way to his body. I don't know if he got caught in the filter? At first I thought maybe he was attacked, but it's shredded, so ??? He died shortly after. He was the last survivor of my first set of guppies. He made it through a fish in cycle. I had him for 3 months. S.I.P buddy.

AquaticQueen
I am so sorry!
I don't mean to source insensitive, but he was most likely bullied and nipped by the other guppies. Are they all male and how many are there?

jake37
My lovely red tail cobra got his tail bitten off by a meanie. He regrew a new tail ! Now he is chasing all the ladies.
-
Anyway they usually end up shredded when they are attacked.

FishGirl115
AquaticQueen said:
I am so sorry!
I don't mean to source insensitive, but he was most likely bullied and nipped by the other guppies. Are they all male and how many are there?
Thanks. It's okay. It's weird, because he was normally the bully of the tank. There were 7 males, now 6 males. All males. 10 gallon tank.
jake37 said:
My lovely red tail cobra got his tail bitten off by a meanie. He regrew a new tail ! Now he is chasing all the ladies.
-
Anyway they usually end up shredded when they are attacked.
Aww! Glad your guppy is healthy now! Thanks

AquaticQueen
FishGirl115 said:
Thanks. It's okay. It's weird, because he was normally the bully of the tank. There were 7 males, now 6 males. All males. 10 gallon tank.
They probably bullied him to death. Poor fish

jake37
Well he couldn't swim for about 3 weeks and now his tail is a little short but yea I think it will fully regrow. Sadly this meanie also bit off the tail on one orange laser cory and 2 pygmy cory. Some fishes are just plain mean.

Anyways guppies can be ungentle at times.

FishGirl115 said:
Aww! Glad your guppy is healthy now! Thanks

FishGirl115
AquaticQueen said:
They probably bullied him to death. Poor fish
Huh. That's really weird. He was the one who picked on all the others. Maybe they got sick of him bullying and ganged up on him? Lol

FishGirl115
jake37 said:
Well he couldn't swim for about 3 weeks and now his tail is a little short but yea I think it will fully regrow. Sadly this meanie also bit off the tail on one orange laser cory and 2 pygmy cory. Some fishes are just plain mean.

Anyways guppies can be ungentle at times.
Wow. Sorry about your fish!

AquaticQueen
FishGirl115 said:
Huh. That's really weird. He was the one who picked on all the others. Maybe they got sick of him bullying and ganged up on him? Lol
Maybe. Who knows what goes on inside their minds?

jake37
They spend all day plotting. It is true. I have to say in my guppy tank if i put my hand in the tank - everyone runs but the guppies. They jump into my hands. What they were plotting I have no clue but it probably is related to getting more food.

AquaticQueen said:
Maybe. Who knows what goes on inside their minds?

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom