S.I.P Jimmy Johnson

FishGirl115

Swim in peace Jimmy Johnson. My yellow leopard guppy died today. I came home to his tail shredded all the way to his body. I don't know if he got caught in the filter? At first I thought maybe he was attacked, but it's shredded, so ??? He died shortly after. He was the last survivor of my first set of guppies. He made it through a fish in cycle. I had him for 3 months. S.I.P buddy.

AquaticQueen

I am so sorry!
I don't mean to source insensitive, but he was most likely bullied and nipped by the other guppies. Are they all male and how many are there?

jake37

My lovely red tail cobra got his tail bitten off by a meanie. He regrew a new tail ! Now he is chasing all the ladies.
-
Anyway they usually end up shredded when they are attacked.

FishGirl115

I am so sorry!
I don't mean to source insensitive, but he was most likely bullied and nipped by the other guppies. Are they all male and how many are there?
Thanks. It's okay. It's weird, because he was normally the bully of the tank. There were 7 males, now 6 males. All males. 10 gallon tank.
My lovely red tail cobra got his tail bitten off by a meanie. He regrew a new tail ! Now he is chasing all the ladies.
-
Anyway they usually end up shredded when they are attacked.
Aww! Glad your guppy is healthy now! Thanks

AquaticQueen

Thanks. It's okay. It's weird, because he was normally the bully of the tank. There were 7 males, now 6 males. All males. 10 gallon tank.
They probably bullied him to death. Poor fish

jake37

Well he couldn't swim for about 3 weeks and now his tail is a little short but yea I think it will fully regrow. Sadly this meanie also bit off the tail on one orange laser cory and 2 pygmy cory. Some fishes are just plain mean.

Anyways guppies can be ungentle at times.

Aww! Glad your guppy is healthy now! Thanks

FishGirl115

They probably bullied him to death. Poor fish
Huh. That's really weird. He was the one who picked on all the others. Maybe they got sick of him bullying and ganged up on him? Lol

FishGirl115

Well he couldn't swim for about 3 weeks and now his tail is a little short but yea I think it will fully regrow. Sadly this meanie also bit off the tail on one orange laser cory and 2 pygmy cory. Some fishes are just plain mean.

Anyways guppies can be ungentle at times.
Wow. Sorry about your fish!

AquaticQueen

Huh. That's really weird. He was the one who picked on all the others. Maybe they got sick of him bullying and ganged up on him? Lol
Maybe. Who knows what goes on inside their minds?

jake37

They spend all day plotting. It is true. I have to say in my guppy tank if i put my hand in the tank - everyone runs but the guppies. They jump into my hands. What they were plotting I have no clue but it probably is related to getting more food.

Maybe. Who knows what goes on inside their minds?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Soorahk
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
HupGuppHup
Replies
Views
Oriongal
Replies
Views