S.I.P Bettie :(

SeaMonkey06

Bettie passed a couple of days ago after beginning to turn black, develop as white underside and becoming super lethargic The worst thing is, I have no idea what caused it. Water Parameters were fully in check (0,0,10) and he lived in a 5 gallon heated and filtered tank. He was my little pity buy, though, and I was treating him for quite a few things (fin rot, swim bladder, etc.) didn't have him for very long, but got super attached.

Crazy how the loss of a fish can hurt so much S.I.P

20200405_144316.jpg

kdwyer

i’m sorry

Mamastacia3

So sorry to hear, it’s completely understandable to get really attached to those bettas, man. They are so smart and curious and friendly. How long did you have him? I’m a fellow rescue addict, I get it. I’m sure he was glad to have you be his human! ❤️

Danni524

I'm sorry for your loss. I used to do the same thing rescuing the sick ones. I got attached to everyone and was sad for days after their passing. I'm sure you gave him the best life he could have hoped for!

RikkiTikkii

I’m so sorry about this
I know exactly how your feeling. Almost a week ago I lost my girl to illness complications (similar to you: buoyancy and then fin rot. Still have no idea what was causing it). I literally cried all day. It hurts especially when they pass through illness and not naturally.

They’re so personal, and literal water dogs. How can you not feel for them?
time will heal, may be swim in peace.

Blueberrybetta

Im so sorry for the loss of your fish buddy it crazy how much a tiny fish can end up meaning to someone..
my first betta (blueberry♡) passed the beginning of this year..it hurt so bad i ended up buring him by my hammock in the backyard..
It might take some time but it will get better soon

SeaMonkey06

i’m sorry
Thanks ❤

So sorry to hear, it’s completely understandable to get really attached to those bettas, man. They are so smart and curious and friendly. How long did you have him? I’m a fellow rescue addict, I get it. I’m sure he was glad to have you be his human! ❤
Man, you're right. They all have real personalities and are so curious and cute
I've had him since early Jan. Didn't intend to buy him, I was actually getting my axolotls but he had ich-like spots on him and I couldn't resist. Thanks Miss his little happy sideways swim so much ❤

I'm sorry for your loss. I used to do the same thing rescuing the sick ones. I got attached to everyone and was sad for days after their passing. I'm sure you gave him the best life he could have hoped for!
Thank you ❤ I always look at the bettas to see which one is more beat up or sick and choose them. How can you not get attached to them? They all have such big personalities. Thanks, all these kind words make me feel so much better. I just feel like I wish that there was more I could have done

I’m so sorry about this
I know exactly how your feeling. Almost a week ago I lost my girl to illness complications (similar to you: buoyancy and then fin rot. Still have no idea what was causing it). I literally cried all day. It hurts especially when they pass through illness and not naturally.

They’re so personal, and literal water dogs. How can you not feel for them?
time will heal, may be swim in peace.
Thanks RikkiTikkii. So sorry to hear. Sorry for your loss ❤ It's even worse not knowing what happened. Seeing him lying on his side barely able to function broke my heart. I agree completely. Illnesses are the worst and I feel so helpless but keep thinking and wishing that I could have done more I still have my little guy Ombre (he's the one in my profile photo, the awesome one that you drew ) but each fish is different and I'm really gonna miss my other baby ❤

Im so sorry for the loss of your fish buddy it crazy how much a tiny fish can end up meaning to someone..
my first betta (blueberry♡) passed the beginning of this year..it hurt so bad i ended up buring him by my hammock in the backyard..
It might take some time but it will get better soon
Thank you I know... So many people are like: it's just a fish! But my fishies to me are like their dogs to them. I love them more than I actually realized. I buried Bettie in our flower garden and planted a plant where he is now. Sorry for your loss It sucks. I've lost fish before and have of course been devastated but losing a betta... they're like little puppies.

Anyway, what can I do but keep going? I guess it's all part of life, even if it hurts

Thanks so much for your kind wishes and support guys. Means the world for me and I'm going to keep 'rescuing' these little water pups as long as I live. ❤❤

ayeayeron

Rescues hurt the most I think. I rescued a cory cat who had no fins and nursed him back to health. A couple months later he got sick and died in one day. I was a mess. I’m sorry for the loss of your little fishy, may he be eating anything he wants without getting bloated.

Sputnik

Bettie passed a couple of days ago after beginning to turn black, develop as white underside and becoming super lethargic The worst thing is, I have no idea what caused it. Water Parameters were fully in check (0,0,10) and he lived in a 5 gallon heated and filtered tank. He was my little pity buy, though, and I was treating him for quite a few things (fin rot, swim bladder, etc.) didn't have him for very long, but got super attached.

Crazy how the loss of a fish can hurt so much S.I.P

20200405_144316.jpg
I am sorry and I know how you feel. Bettas are more than ornamental- they are individuals and our friends! Virtual hugs!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
JamesL12
Replies
Views
julifhy
Replies
Views