20 Gallon Tank Ryukin Sudden death after tank change

Martin1971

Hi
I‘ve recently moved my three goldfish from a 22ltr tank to a 90ltr due to a tiny leak, so not an absolute emergency, but it needed sorting quickly, and the fish were ready for a bigger home anyway, Shubunkin 3”, Blackmoor 2”, and Ryukin 1”. I have been running the original internal filter alongside a new canister filter in the new tank to give the new filter chance to gain some good bacteria as I didn’t really have time to cycle the tank in the event the leak in the old tank suddenly got worse. It’ll be two weeks tomorrow since the move and all was fine.

Yesterday the fish were settling down for the night when the Ryukin shot across the tank, much faster than I’d seen before, did a barrel roll, he was then twitchy, then on the bottom and up to the surface 3 or 4 times, and dead within 5 minutes. A minute before all seemed fine. Any ideas what could cause that. I’m now concerned for the other fish. I’ve treated the water with the blue stuff just in case, but they seem OK. However, they all did yesterday.

Thank you

bcfishtanks

Do you mind filling out the emergency template so we can learn more about the new tank and the fish? This will help to give some more informed advice.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
octonaut
  • FancyBubbles
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
FishyX65
Replies
Views
mattgirl