Rusty's Appetite

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It really can't be helped; Rusty is eating more than he's supposed to be...and yet he's fine. I tried cutting down on his pellets a bit but that made him a lot more aggressive towards the corys. The fact is, I think because of the space he has and the amount of movement he does during his day that he's just simply getting more exercise than the average betta does. Rusty will eat just about anything I put in as well; I tried supplementing the diet of the corys with flake food just so that he wouldn't eat it, but to my amazement he began gobbling the stuff right up.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I agree that there is really nothing you can do for it. If he is getting more exercise and is not getting constipated and is actually eating the food then I suppose he will have to be left to it. Will he eat some peas for you occasionally just to make sure he isn't getting all stuffed up? If he will at least do that a couple times a week it would probably be okay for him to stuff his little tummy since he is getting all this exercise. It isn't something I would want to see every Betta doing but I know that I can depend on you to give him his veggies by flake or by peas. The little stinker has been a handful hasn't he?

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Rusty is not thrilled by veggies but is so greedy he'll eat anything that I drop in that resembles food to him. He might spit it out if he has time to consider it though. And yes he's a little stinker but I do love him, the lovely little bully.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If he has decided that he is going to eat flakes some then you can try to feed some veggie flakes. Those are the way to get the job done for both the cories and the stubborn little Betta. And yes, I have no doubt that you love your little Rusty, you are a very good fish daddy. He loves you too even if he tries your patience sometimes.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom