Rust disease

• Thread starter Sauceboat
  • Start date

Sauceboat

Today I noticed one of my blue shrimp was covered in large splotches of a coffee brown color. I tried to get pictures but he wouldn’t hold still. I never noticed before and I’ve had the shrimp for two weeks. He doesn’t have any holes in the carapace but the discoloring spreads over a large area of his body. Does this sound like rust disease? If so can i treat it or is it too late?

richiep

Fishlore VIP
It could be a colour morph or rust spot you must try and get a picture

Sauceboat

richiep said:
It could be a colour morph or rust spot you must try and get a picture
Okay, I couldn’t get a picture of the one I’m mostly concerned about (He’s too dark) but here are photos of similar markings on the reds
64986FC7-9FCA-4E59-9983-AD5C88021F94.jpeg
89600110-7C6D-4BFA-A39C-9CB0602F0F70.jpeg

Sauceboat

THis is her, the circled areas are where I see a different color, but it wont show up on camera
625B9913-A7B8-4656-A75C-3D6156DEE6C7.jpeg

richiep

Fishlore VIP
not seeing it here the photo dosnt show it, 1st if the patches are as big as you've circled then theres no chance of recovery 2nd the shell will start to pitt and holes appear if that happens then take it out, i have looked at what was supposed to be rust spot in a blue before but their colour makes it difficult and it wasnt rust spot, dark patches appear in high grade shrimp and i think thats what youve got there. you can see some spots on my red photo, in blue shrimp we have found these look worse because of the blue shows up darker.
the treatment is Levamisole if you want to get it, ive always held a pot in the med box just in case
watch for the pitting a hole appearing

Attachments

Sauceboat

richiep said:
not seeing it here the photo dosnt show it, 1st if the patches are as big as you've circled then theres no chance of recovery 2nd the shell will start to pitt and holes appear if that happens then take it out, i have looked at what was supposed to be rust spot in a blue before but their colour makes it difficult and it wasnt rust spot, dark patches appear in high grade shrimp and i think thats what youve got there. you can see some spots on my red photo, in blue shrimp we have found these look worse because of the blue shows up darker.
the treatment is Levamisole if you want to get it, ive always held a pot in the med box just in case
watch for the pitting a hole appearing
Thanks for the information! I’ll keep an eye out for any holes forming.

Top Bottom