Runty Glowlight?

Weeb Snail

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He seems a bit low on the nipping order, and seems more cloudy and has less of an orange stripe than others. Hes also a lot smaller.
Is he gonna be ok? It seems like wvwn my injured glowlight's better than him, and my injured gloelight has half of a tailfin!
15426518393747669154958417441365.jpg

On top is one of my glowlights, which seems pretty normal and healthy. The bottom one is the runty one...

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you

OP
Weeb Snail

Weeb Snail

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jellibeen said:
Could it be stress? If he's being nipped at and bullied, stress could make his colors faded.
He is low on the nipping order, but he isn't being bullied. He just can't get close enough sometimes to est, so ive begun to try and feed near him so he can eat easier.

OP
Weeb Snail

Weeb Snail

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jellibeen said:
Making sure he gets food should help. Does he have any signs of illness, torn fins, etc. other than faded colors?
He has a slight tear on his tail fin, but he seems good. Another one of mine only had half of his tailfin, but that's from when he was at the store. In not sure if it happened at my home or in the store for this one.
15427486619771738642458576571382.jpg
this was the best pic I could get. Its the small dent in his upper tailfin, though its not too noticable

OP
Weeb Snail

Weeb Snail

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jellibeen said:
Making sure he gets food should help. Does he have any signs of illness, torn fins, etc. other than faded colors?
I'm not sure what signs of illness for this species looks like.
I did have a massive nitrate increasea few days ago, but ive since dealt with it.

Jellibeen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The tear on his tailfin could be from fin nipping. If he's at the bottom of the pecking order, he may be getting physically bullied by the other fish even if you don't see it. Keep an eye on his torn fin and look out for fin rot.

Signs of illness would be any weird spots (usually white), fuzzy looking fungus, red abrasions, basically anything weird that doesn't look like it is supposed to be there. Behavior to look out for is rubbing up against things, lethargy, gasping.

New Threads