runt of the......tank?

aj_1992

I have one zebra danio that is considerably smaller than all the rest. an exceptional mental visual would be comparing Pumbaa to the younger Simbaa. and when I was feeding the bunch this morning, I looked to see if the smaller one was eating and apparently it wasn't exactly chowing down like all the others. it would have a 2-second delay reaction and then go chow down like all the others but all the others would've already ate most of its share and all would be left would be the itty-bitty scraps. any suggestions? I thought of maybe isolating it for a while to fatten it up a bit. any objections to that. please give as many advice as possible, cuz it's so skinny right now. really don't want to lose another life.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Is it eating any better? I am afraid if you try isolating it will cause more stress. They really like company. If you have a little breeder box you could put on the inside of the tank where it could see the others it might work. Use the lid as they can really jump. Good luck!

A fishes stomach is the size of one eye so if it's getting that much it's getting enough to eat. Is it skinny or just smaller?
carol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Loachland
Replies
Views
Whitewolf
  • Question
Replies
Views
John58ford