Question Running a finnex planted pluse 24/7 but is it too much?

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i have an amazon sword in the back and dwarf sag in the front. i know plants are supposed to like die back and go aqua mode but ive never seen it before so i have no idea if they are transitioning or just flat out dying... leaves turning yellow. leaves going all the way back to fibers. i dont know. browning on sword leaves what not. ease my worrying :p

am i having the light on too much? i've had it on 24/7 mode except i also have it plugged into a timer so it basically turns on at 9am and turns off at like 10pm but its still in 24 hour mode so the brightes light is probably from noon to 6pm i think. just worried im not doing it right.. i also though that mabye 24 hour mode is causing my sag to grow upwards and maybe setting it to a single dim light to run during the day to let it grow short?

@Fahn i summon thee! lol thanksIMG_20200701_214110664.jpgIMG_20200701_214115641.jpgIMG_20200701_214120887.jpg

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Both the plants are the emersed form, they will melt back as they adjust to being submersed. Just give them some time.

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 4 of those lights. I've had best results when it runs on the 24/7 mode its designed with, with a bit of altering of some of the color spectrums.

Do you have any root tabs for the sword?

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mike1995 said:
I have 4 of those lights. I've had best results when it runs on the 24/7 mode its designed with, with a bit of altering of some of the color spectrums.

Do you have any root tabs for the sword?
i have an organic potting soil with sand cap substrate. i was told i didnt need them. i didnt know you could alter the 24/7 mode color spectrum?

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fahn said:
Both the plants are the emersed form, they will melt back as they adjust to being submersed. Just give them some time.
ok. i just keep thinking i did something wrong. like burried them too deep, burried them not deep enough. too much light not enough light? my mind is everywhere :p

i was thinking of throwin in some Monte Carlo since my dwarf sag since i might end up with tall dwaf sag. we'll see

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nickguy5467 said:
i have an organic potting soil with sand cap substrate. i was told i didnt need them. i didnt know you could alter the 24/7 mode color spectrum?
Do you have the CRV or CC model? If so, the remote should have time slots of 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm. You can alter each of those with the green, white, blue and red buttons. It's a little tricky but you have to hit the 24/7 button and go thru each time slot and increase or decrease any of the four colors. After you hit the save button for 3 seconds and it will save your settings.
My main lighting period is from 9am to 6pm on most of my 24/7 lights. Before and after I have it like an orange/red sunrise/sunset type deal. And then it turns all the way off at 9pm and starts the sunrise at 6am.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mike1995 said:
Do you have the CRV or CC model? If so, the remote should have time slots of 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm. You can alter each of those with the green, white, blue and red buttons. It's a little tricky but you have to hit the 24/7 button and go thru each time slot and increase or decrease any of the four colors. After you hit the save button for 3 seconds and it will save your settings.
My main lighting period is from 9am to 6pm on most of my 24/7 lights. Before and after I have it like an orange/red sunrise/sunset type deal. And then it turns all the way off at 9pm and starts the sunrise at 6am.
i dont think its the cc model. have no idea what crv is . i think its just the standard model i got a long while ago. thats interesting. ill see if that works or not

IMG_20200702_221628838.jpg

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nickguy5467 said:
i dont think its the cc model. have no idea what crv is . i think its just the standard model i got a long while ago. thats interesting. ill see if that works or not
You may not have that function if it's the original 24/7. The two most recent ones, the CC and more recently the CRV models have the ability to change the spectrums. I'd definitely look into one of those. they also have red LEDs with the whites. For whatever reason I've had much better growth vs a light with just white LEDs during the main lighting period.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nickguy5467 said:
ok. i just keep thinking i did something wrong. like burried them too deep, burried them not deep enough. too much light not enough light? my mind is everywhere :p

i was thinking of throwin in some Monte Carlo since my dwarf sag since i might end up with tall dwaf sag. we'll see
If your dwarf sag is growing taller that means it is reaching for light; Monte Carlo would not do well as it is much more demanding.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mike1995 said:
You may not have that function if it's the original 24/7. The two most recent ones, the CC and more recently the CRV models have the ability to change the spectrums. I'd definitely look into one of those. they also have red LEDs with the whites. For whatever reason I've had much better growth vs a light with just white LEDs during the main lighting period.
oh then yeah i guess i just have the origional. but it aint broken so i guess i wont need to upgrade

New Threads