Running 2 Canister Filters - one without filter pad

matt 63
Hey if I have two canister filters running in one tank is it alright for me to not have a filter pad and carbon in one of them? I mostly want the extra one for more bacteria and water flow. Thanks

Fashooga
You can add whatever you want into your canisters. If you want to do all 100% media that's cool...there are no laws about what to place into the canister...

Now hiding recreational drugs in a canister...that's a different story.

matt 63
You can add whatever you want into your canisters. If you want to do all 100% media that's cool...there are no laws about what to place into the canister...

Now hiding recreational drugs in a canister...that's a different story.
Ok one of my filter does have everything in it, thanks for the advice lol

DuaneV
I don't use any carbon or filter pads in any of my filters. Just mechanical media, i.e., sponges, lava rock, biorings, etc.

Mom2some
I don’t use carbon at all. I might keep at least one sponge prior to the media for the B.B. just to keep the biomedia from getting clogged.

matt 63
I don’t use carbon at all. I might keep at least one sponge prior to the media for the B.B. just to keep the biomedia from getting clogged.
Ok what is the carbon good for and what happens if it goes bad?

AquaticJ
Carbon traps organic materials, colors, smells. Nothing happens when it “goes bad”, it just doesn't remove things anymore.

Tony M
Fashooga, you don't have to hide anything in Oregon?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JLeeM
Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question
Replies