Rundle rock

Dgonc86

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Has anyone used Big pieces of Rundle Rock in their tank? If so did you see any big changes in PH? I wanna add 4 pieces to my Cichlid tank just curious what will happen

Willj626

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Not sure entirely if Rundle rock is aquarium sage but the best way to test in my opinion is to take the Nitrate NO3 test solution bottle #1 from a freshwater test kit and put a few drops on the rock; if it fizzes or bubbles in any way its not safe for the aquarium, if nothing happens you should be mostly fine. Although I looked it up and it said its made of limestone which isn't usually aquarium safe.

OP
Dgonc86

Dgonc86

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Willj626 said:
Not sure entirely if Rundle rock is aquarium sage but the best way to test in my opinion is to take the Nitrate NO3 test solution bottle #1 from a freshwater test kit and put a few drops on the rock; if it fizzes or bubbles in any way its not safe for the aquarium, if nothing happens you should be mostly fine. Although I looked it up and it said its made of limestone which isn't usually aquarium safe.
I thought Limestone slowly releases carbonate which raises PH which is my goal. My Ph is only 7.4 and I wanna get it upto 8.0 for my cichlids.

Willj626

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dgonc86 said:
I thought Limestone slowly releases carbonate which raises PH which is my goal. My Ph is only 7.4 and I wanna get it upto 8.0 for my cichlids.
My bad, forgot it was a cichlid tank!

New Threads