Rummys/neons

Status
Not open for further replies.

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
In a 125g what would be or look better...20-30 neons or rummynose tetras? too many? not enough? or do both?..tank mates will be dension barbs/rams/corys/gourami/angels/(but I will buy dime/quarter size and move my big pair to a breeding tank).

I am on the fence over a severum, they just might get too big and snack on my smaller fellas. If I can find a tiny one maybe but they grow and may still snack.

Décor will be lots driftwood some lava rock some live plants such as anubias, dwarf hair, java fern, sword plants, as well as some silk plants.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd go with Rummynose, imo they're one of the best schooling fish & look great in large numbers, you may have to watch the Angels with them as they get bigger.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In a 125 I'd do about 20 Rummys and about 20 Cardinals, both good schoolers in large tanks. Even with several larger fish, a well filtered 125 can handle quite a load. But I would skip the denison barbs and Gouramis. The barbs get too big, and the Gouramis are too unpredictable.

OP
llfish

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well I have 5 densions I paid over 150$ for them so they are staying. I do not have the gourami yet but it will more than likely be a pearl and they are so peaceful so I have no worries.

The densions are in my 55g and I plan on adding the small fish first. By the time everyone gets in there it will be a couple months as I plan to do this slowly

I never thought that the densions would be an issue I guess I could go something different but I really like the effect a large small fish school brings

Last edited:

SnyperTodd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Don't worry about the 5 Denison Barbs, they'll be just fine in a 125. They're also fairly slow growers compared to some fish, like Severums. I agree with the others who recommended Rummynose Tetras, they are nice, tight schoolers and add some color and interesting group movement. As a side note, my kids have a school of Rummynoses in their tank, all of which are named 'Spiderman.'

OP
llfish

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you think that a severum provided I get a small one to start would be ok with rummys, Corys and Angel..I think I am getting a green or gold as they are only 15$ I REALLY wanted the orange spotted but they go for $65 here at Petland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 17.9%

Top Bottom