Rummynose size?

Level99Fishing

So it's been nearly half a year since I got my rummynoses and only six out of the 20 of them have reached the size of about 5cm long. Every website I look on it says rummynose should reach this size but the majority of mine are still around 3-4cm and quite skinny. I hope I haven't stunted their growth in anyway, I feed them once a day. Each feeding I feed them until they stop going after the food vigorously. It's almost half year so I'm guessing they've all done their growing now? Anyone know?

saltwater60

Depends on species. Anywhere from 1-2” is normal. Also some maybe males and females. Females are slightly larger. If they are skinny what are you feeding them? Are you varying their diet?

Level99Fishing

I switched from Seachem Nutridiet tropical flakes to Nutridiet shrimp flakes. I'm not sure if that counts as varying their diet but the shrimp flakes have more protean. All my other fish have reached the average sizes stated on the internet just not my rummynose.

saltwater60

Definitely add more variation. On a weekly basis I feed bloodworms, cyclops, coral gumbo, BBS, tubifex worms, daphnia, and high quality flakes. My fish colors are amazing.
Also I was just reading some runny nose only get about an 1.25”. I forget there’s a few different species of them. Also I have the samething with a couple of scarlet badis. One has stayed about 1/4” and others 1/2” the largest are 3/4”. I think it’s ok about the size. I’d be more worried about the skinniness your mentioned. Fatten then up a bit and vary the diet.

Level99Fishing

Wow that is indeed a lot of variation. Now I feel bad about what my fish are eating lol. Ok I'm definitely getting some more food for them then. Are your foods live or frozen?

About the skinniness, they're not skinny in a sickly way in my opinion but I'll upload a photo later for you to judge.

saltwater60

I feed frozen mainly and substitute some flakes in there.

I’ve always been huge on variety of foods. It just seems right to me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom