Rummynose Breeding?

lhemp

Can anyone give pointers or tips for successful rummynose breading? I'm specifically interested to know, when "preparing your team" for game time, what variety of foods should I be feeding?, and how often? If fry are successful do I need to have a second cycled tank to move the adults to? They couldn't stay in there.

Right now I'm growing out a school of 15 rummynose, they are about 4 to 5 months old. My ultimate goal is to breed enough to fill my 90g, like 50+ or as many as will fit. I would like to feed them quality food to prepare them but not sure what and how often to feed? 2 or 3 times per week? Is a very very low PH better than a so so ph? Say like PH of 5 versus 6.4?

Thx

MrBryan723

A separate tank with with marble substrate works well to breed in. Live foods are ideal to prime for breading.
Basically don't do water changes for a while, introduce them to the new tank with clean water, feed them live foods for a day or 2 before you add them and then continue the live foods for another day or 2 after. The drop in nitrates acts as fresh rain and the live foods acts as a stimulant to breed.
Add a filter to the main tank that can be moved to the breeding tank when you move the fish over. Put a sponge filter on the inlet in the breeding tank.
Is is the most basic way to breed them. Live plants also help with most tetra species.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Blub
Replies
Views
tellin
Replies
Views
Gudgie
Replies
Views