Rummynose And Sepae Tetras Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by axel, May 21, 2018.

1. a

axel Well Known Member Member

Hi, im worried about my new tetras that have been introduced to my tank since a week ago. They looks healthy even though serpae color so pale. They keep schooling on bottom near substrate and taking corydoras space. I thought they were middle schooling fish , so why they keep staying on bottom?

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

this is normally stress. A fish is going to feel safer at the bottom. Make sure you have enough cover for your fish and just give them time to get unstressed. You could also add in indian almond leaves which help lower stress also.

3. Genghis Karp

Genghis Karp Valued Member Member

They'll take a little while to settle, fish are always paler whilst settling in. They'll also stay nearer the bottom as they see it as safer. Fish are always more settled in a tank with lots of other fish in the tank but you have to get the balance right so that you're not way overstocked or have territorial issues.
    Serpae Tetras will chew each other's fins too, the more you have the less likely it will be. I personally wouldn't get a small school than 10 on those. What size is the tank?

4. OP
    OP
    a

they keep schooling under driftwood. They are very active and looks healthy. Im worried about the serpae, they are active but their colour pale since i bought from LFS

35 gallon

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
  5. Genghis Karp

Yeah, don't worry about them they'll be fine. 35G easily big enough for 10. What's your full stock at the moment...?

6. OP
    OP
    a

20 rummy nose 5 serpae

7. Genghis Karp

Up your Serpae to 10 and give it a bit of time, with 20 rummynose as well they shouldn't be shy for too long.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice