Rummy Nose Tetras with ich

AlexJames0863
Hello all, once again.
Yet more problems in my 20 gallon.
My rummy nose tetras appear to have minor ich (a few small dots not many large ones).
I have whacked up the temp to 83 but I can't use meds because of stress and the kuhlI loaches. I have a fry tank with 7 molly fry and nothing else. If I put my fish in with the fry,
A)will my fry get ich?
B)will my rummy nose tetras eat my fry?
I'm thinking of putting my RNT in there to prevent the ich spreading to everything else in my tank. Or I could just leave the tank as it is and hope the temp does the job?
Thanks,
~Mudkipz
PS: If you could look at my other thread(s) regarding dwarf gourami iridovirus and give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

el337
Don't move the rummy noses to another tank, you'll infect that one and then you'd have to treat two tanks instead of one.

Raise the temp to 86 as that will speed up the ich's life cycle and kill it quicker. Keep it at that temp for 2 weeks while doing water changes/gravel vacs every 2-3 days. Increase oxygen by dropping the water level an inch or two lower so the HOB outtake can create more surface agitation or you can add an air stone.

Hope your fish get better!

AlexJames0863
Thanks for the advice I'll do that now!
~Mudkipz

MarkN1990
An air stone can also be beneficial when raising the temp, if you have one lying around

AlexJames0863
MarkN1990
I have mine running 24/7 atm. I have moved my kuhlI loaches and added salt and a really good ich treatment to the tank but I've lowered my temp to 83 as my mollies were staying near the top and not moving much but are fine now.
~Mudkipz

el337
Are you treating the other tank that you moved the loaches to because now it's likely that that tank is infected too.

Better approach would have been to keep everyone in the infected tank including the loaches and just use the heat treatment (no salt).

AlexJames0863
Well I have stopped treatment now because both kuhlI loaches died. They thought it would be funny to play in my filter. 5 of my 6 tetras died aswell and I'm not too sure what to do. I will leave the tank both tanks to settle down a bit before even considering new fish. I love this hobby but sometimes these things are really depressing.
~Mudkipz el337

clk89
You will want to at least wait two weeks for the ich to be gone before putting in new fish.

el337
AtomicMudkip said:
Well I have stopped treatment now because both kuhlI loaches died. They thought it would be funny to play in my filter. 5 of my 6 tetras died aswell and I'm not too sure what to do. I will leave the tank both tanks to settle down a bit before even considering new fish. I love this hobby but sometimes these things are really depressing.
~Mudkipz @el337
Sorry for your losses.

You'll want to continue the treatment for the 2 weeks since you have the one tetra left as well as the other tank with the molly fry.

MarkN1990
AtomicMudkip said:
~Mudkipz el337
Don't be too down about it, it happens in this hobby. I lost 100% of my first tank full of fish but still at it now! You live and you learn

Sorry for your losses

Latest threads

Top Bottom