Rummy Nose Tetras Noses Aren't Red

Discussion in 'Rummy Nose Tetra' started by Initiate, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Initiate

Initiate Well Known Member Member

Hi all,
    Just picked up some rummy (7) and they're in qt had them for a few hours. But their noses aren't coloured up. This are swimming around all happy. Do I need to up my temp? It is at 27C or are they still stressed from the move?

Thanks

2. appcontrol

appcontrol Well Known Member Member

They are stressed, leave them in dark few hours.
    Second when you turn on or off light some fishes know to color down let's say.

3. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

I've seen on the web that rummies colour up or down in response to stress more than most/other fish. Well, also in response to daytime/night time, but we're talking about no colour during the day here, right?
    I have them in my community and that's certainly been my experience. In my case, new additions can take literally months to get really good colour (ie 3-4 weeks of minimal colour while in quarantine, then another 2-4 weeks before good colour in main tank), even though their behaviour seems normal. It think it's a great lesson to the effect that even though things look normal to us, they might not be for our fish.

4. appcontrol

appcontrol Well Known Member Member

As i understand they are in tank only for few hours so i think it's normal. Usually i put my new fishes to tank around 8pm when my lights go off and then i leave them like that. In morning they all look good my first rasboras where colorless when i introduced them after night they were all good.

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Think it is up to stress indeed BUT there are three types of rummynoses. One more red then others

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice